tail light conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tail light conversions

anyone know any round/circular tailights that could replace the stock pro tailights? And does anyone know what exactly a person does to get a conversion to fit a car? I saw a civic a while ago that had a round tailight conversion and I saw that the spaces where the old tails were are replaced by an aluminum/fiberglass(?) piece that held the smaller round ones in. Who makes those? Are they custom ? Sorry, i know nothing about fabricating these things.
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

For our cars, it has to be custom. Don't know about Civics, because they get a lot of aftermarket support so it might've been just a plug and play conversion. For a few ideas on what tail lights fit the 1st gen without any major modifications, check out this thread:
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Yes I am pretty sure that they are custom....unless you are talking about the new "retro" style tails (which are ugly as hell IMO).

There aren't any direct swaps. The 88-9? RX-7s look like the taillights and rear garnish would fit, but they are cut in different places as the hatches aren't as long as our trunks..or they are longer...I don't remember. Maybe with a little cutting of an RX-7 tail it will fit....

Also the second gen camrys look like they will fit with a little bit of body work, but those aren't really an improvement.

Comment

Actually tweaks, the pic in your sig, those tailights....are those a conversion or a plastic cover with round cut outs? Actually the civic i saw yesterday and your sig from cardomain is what inspired me.

Comment

You know what taillight conversion I would recommend that would look awsome on your car the taillights of an R32 skyline, those would look sweet

here is a pic-
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Subghetto; 01-17-2004, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Hey! I actually thot of that, just the cost of ordering one of those from japan will probably cost more than the car itself. Ill probably end up just fabricating a tailight cover with round cutouts for the respective lights and hope it doesn't look ghetto.

Comment

You could go with something custom like my car......
              Lights off

Lights on
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

Working...
              X