IHI VJ-11 fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHI VJ-11 fitment

Will the IHI VJ-11 fit the exhaust manifold from corksport? They look to me to have the same flange for the exhaust manifold. Ontop of that what is the max PSI a VJ-11 can pump without problems? Basicly will a VJ-11 pump 8psi well?

Im asking because im considering using a vj-11 for my BP. Reason being is because IHI vj-20's are just too damn rare and hard to find... Granted it will match my bp well but damn its a pain the ass!!!!!
    Last edited by OCD-SPEED; 01-17-2004, 12:54 AM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
    Will the IHI VJ-11 fit the exhaust manifold from corksport? They look to me to have the same flange for the exhaust manifold. Ontop of that what is the max PSI a VJ-11 can pump without problems? Basicly will a VJ-11 pump 8psi well?
    Those are the ones mx-6 and Probes have, I think Probes run that psi stock.(not sure though). I think it fits BUT..Judge by yourself...

Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

The VJ-20's arent that hard to find, I got one from corksport, took them 2 weeks to get it. I have heard that you could make a flange to make the vj-11 fit the BPT manifold. But the VJ-11 is really tiny(not that the vj-20 is massive) and will run out of boost real fast. I would try to find the vj-20 from corksport with the bpt manifold and have it bolt up perfect.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Ive heard that the vj-20 and vj-11 are practically the same size. But the big thing is corksport over charges like hell for a used vj-20 and they dick around with everything. everything i order from them takes 3 damn months. I dont have time to screw around with them anymore...
        sigpic

Comment

hey usually have bpt's in stock. the only things you have to wait for are due to manufactoring delays (ie: my rear strut from AWR). I have on order the MS struts but thats understandable, shipping from japan. i honestly don't want to pay more than i have to for shipping. other than those, everyting i've picked up from them usually takes a day or two.

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
          Ive heard that the vj-20 and vj-11 are practically the same size. But the big thing is corksport over charges like hell for a used vj-20 and they dick around with everything. everything i order from them takes 3 damn months. I dont have time to screw around with them anymore...
          Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
          FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
          Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Working...
          X