New to the Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Club

Been reading forums since I got my '99 Protege in June of 2002. Found this one a few months back and have just been reading, seems like an excellent group of people, and good advice, figured I would start posting now that I am starting in on my car. Here are the stats.

'99 Mazda Protege
    1.6L
    Stock.....Everything

One signature that caught my eye was NegatiZE,
    "If you can't go fast with 90HP, 900HP won't help you"

Well I can go fast with 90HP, so I figure lets work on the 900HP
    Would like to get her up to 110 or 120 tho, sucks I can't get a turbo to the best of my knowledge (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, I hope I am)

First mods are Interior Neons, and a new Alpine head unit, in the mail now, should be here soon. then I get to rip apart the dash, woo hoo

Well if you wanna get to 110-120, stop spending money on neons. Is yours an automatic or a manual. Start with the basics, intake(Injen), exhaust, headers if you want, but the ones for the 1.6 are only APC to my knowledge, I think there is another one, but not sure. If you wanna take some advice from another 1.6L owner, do the suspension work. It makes a hell of a difference. Start small with a front strut bar from www.mazdastuff.com. The one on the site does fit our car, you just have to put a spacer or two on it. Then drop your car and add some MSP struts or the new Tokico's, which are a little pricey but well worth the money. These are just a few suggestions from me, take them how you want. But if all your looking for is HP out of our engine, you are **** out of luck without going turbo.
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I am going turbo, but I have always wanted neons, and I paid $70 for a set of 4 interior, sound sensitive, neons. Injen intake, and headers are next, by then I should have a qutoe and date set for the turbo install.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

"If you can't go fast with 90hp, 900hp won't help you"
        refers one's driving ability. You can have all the power in the world but if you don't know how to drive a car and keep it in control, power isn't going to be helping you out...espeically at an autocross where raw power isn't always the way to win.

Anyway, a turbo kit is available from http://wagnermotorsports.net/
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

welcome to the club

Comment

Originally posted by Netsyphen
            then I get to rip apart the dash, woo hoo
            Welcome aboard. Another 1.6. And this is ripping out the dash, sucks that I resized it and now can't find the original.
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!!! Have fun!! LOt of good peeps up in here!!!!!!!!!
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Hello and welcome to the club. There is lots of knowledge in here, enjoy the stay.
                2002 Blackmica P5
                CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Welcome.
                  as stated.. there's pretty much an infinite source or knowledge here.. tap into everybody's brains.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

welcome, good to have you in the club man, im sure you will find all the answers to your questions here.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

welcome and the other company that makes a header besides apc is obx , just figured i would let ya know.

Comment

Working...
                      X