timing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing question

Okay i recently got an edis module .Anywho im yet to figure out where all the wires do or how to hook them up to the megasquirt, but thats another question ( answer if you want it would be helpful )

Anyways i know the na computer runs way to much timing. not quite sure how much but i think its like 10 idle ish and 22 higher rpm. I'm just really curious on how much timing should be pulled on a boosted engine. Or does anyone have a picture of there timing maps on the megasquirt?

All this could be solved with dyno tuning. too bad i would have to go 8 hours one way for a dyno ( and they cant tune it ) or like 2 hours with a 6 hour boat ride then another few hours to another dyno. so im pretty sure dyno tuning is out of the question..

okay im an idiot i read the timing thread below this one ill just keep poping in there from time to time. This megasquirt stuff is stressful.

I guess blown up turbos and pinging at 8 psi but hey .

Comment

Okay well After looking at my relay board. there is no place on the relay board for timing control is there. i looked it up and i need a few wires from the edis

tach wire
      pip wire
      saw wire
      screaned wire.

using this image

So do i need to take apart my relay cable and solder them in? can ms1 v3 ven control timing?. ( i dont have the laptop anymore ) also not using the car right now im using my dd zx3 focus

Not rushed on answers just like some help

Comment

Working...
      X