Shawn's V6 323 worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawn's V6 323 worklog

well i have been working on this alwhile and never got around to posting it.

I have a KLG4 awaiting the black 323 aswell as most of the needed parts whish so far is:

Motor
    milli intake (knife edged, head will be port matched to the square runners)
    shifter assembly
    mounts
    crossmember
    VAF
    mx3 engine harness
    slimfan
    flywheel
    starter
    axles
    mx3 logs and ypipe
    I think thats all the parts i have right now

i still need

6puck clutch
    stock pressureplate
    radiator hose solution(afew things in mind)
    intake piping
    Standard DE crank pulley
    Last edited by MD323; 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

klg4 eh? nice score! many miles on it?

you do realize the klg4 is higher flowing than the curved neck, right? it would be more benefital to run it lol, more power! just get a ze chip for the vris!

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

heh well i kinda looked around the web and found that the KLG4 and the ZE manifold wont clear the brake booster so i went with the milli.

the objective of this project is to go fast. period.

call me the devil but i have grown tired of trying to have a unique authentic well styled car. call it work draining my soul (but its a great job dont get me wrong ) but now that the 323 has sat there and the 626 is semi cooperating as a daily I plan to get the V6 in there and aim for a 13 second slip all motor, and maybe a 12 second slip with some squeeze.

some day after i have a house ill tear down a 323 and build it much like people build muscle cars, but for now i just need to satify the go fast urge in me

EDIT: also much respect to dan and progt91's builds they are both clean and will be fantastic cars and plenty of background knowledge for mine, though mine will be a bit more single purposed
      Last edited by MD323; 09-13-2009, 12:03 AM.
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

dude, thanks for the props. looking forward to seeing how your project is coming out.
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

glad to see that you decided to keep your 323 shawn. seems like everybody is getting the urge to do V6 swaps now.
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah having HPPDWN around doesn't help the V6 itch, he's been a big help getting this rollin.

Pickup up my tranny and exhaust today
            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

it wont be hard to get 13 all motor. i got a klde with just bolt ons on a protege will full interior running 14.4 @ 95
              ANGEL

Comment

Couldnt you use a Probe or an mx6 brake booster? they are slimmer, thats what im doing on my mx3 so my straight neck has no problems clearing it

Comment

That's an idea but I'm not a fan of messin with brakes.

Mazdapr: what was your 60' times?
                  -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post

Easier than you think. When the motor is out, it will be a dead simple job.

EDIT: PS - I got a email from my NZ guy. We're trying to sneak all my crap onto a shipping container because the last quote was for $2500 NZD shipping (on the body part shipment - which includes two bumpers and four spoilers... one of which is yours).
                    I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

^ok let me know.

What I ment is mixing and matching brake parts is what I'm not a fan off. I don't want to end up with a brake booster or some other part changing the needed to come to a safe stop
                      -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Sockington View Post
                        Easier than you think. When the motor is out, it will be a dead simple job.

EDIT: PS - I got a email from my NZ guy. We're trying to sneak all my crap onto a shipping container because the last quote was for $2500 NZD shipping (on the body part shipment - which includes two bumpers and four spoilers... one of which is yours).
                        You need to sneak in some BA astina 5 lug spindles for the front.
                        1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Thread jacka!

:p
                          -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post

Mazdapr: what was your 60' times?
                            my 60' times were 2.11 on street tires
                            ANGEL

Comment

Sub'n. Thought you were going to keep this under wraps till you were done
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X