Reupholstry of Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reupholstry of Interior

Does anyone have any information on the cheapest way to redo the inside interior of my car. I am in the process of painting it to the Winning Blue Mica color like the Mazda 3 but the inside is going to throw it off. Any suggestions? Or should I just leave it the Gold (12M) Color?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

Well the cheapest way is definately to paint it. It cost me about $200 to paint everything, and I mean everything inside.

Comment

Do you have any pictures that you can show me?

Also I am trying to decide if I should paint the outside of my car when I get it repaired. It is the Goldish/Tan Color. I can't seem to figure out what color to do the inside with that color on the outside. Any suggestions?

Comment

Well black tends to go well with many different colors. And from what I have been able to tell between my black interior and my friend's white interior is that mine stays cleaner looking, except for the dust which is easily cleaned. Give me a sec and I will track down my interior pictures.

Comment

Alright it's pretty filthy but you get the point. I need to do alot of touch of work, alot of stuff has gotten scratched during various installs. Oh and the parts that look like the paint has faded to white, that is just the flash.

Comment

ya know greg, those are the first time Ive seen pics of your interior besides of the seats... looks good

Comment

Yeah I do kind of have a tendacy to only show off the seats don't I? Still got alot of work to do though.

Comment

There's this stuff in australia called "auto dye" or somethign like that. Its not a paint but a dye that you soak the parts in. it works alot more effective than paint because the color sinks into the plastic, unlike paint where it can chip off. The other benifit of auto dye is that you still have the surface finish that the car originally had. Whereas with paint it smooths everything out but also leaves a tacky finish.
                Diary of a nerd;
                A life? Cool! Where can i download one of those from?

Mazda 323 trapped in a Ford Laser body! Thats my story

Comment

Well what i used for everything was a vinyl dye. It still came in a can but it was made for vinyl and it had flex built into it. With many clearcoat layers applied it holds up like a champ. And you can still easily tell what the original surface looks like. Although on a couple of spots like handles I used a ton of primer to give it a completely smooth look and remove those ****ty little dimples.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                    Well what i used for everything was a vinyl dye. It still came in a can but it was made for vinyl and it had flex built into it. With many clearcoat layers applied it holds up like a champ. And you can still easily tell what the original surface looks like. Although on a couple of spots like handles I used a ton of primer to give it a completely smooth look and remove those ****ty little dimples.
                    This is why Im fiberglassin it before painting it

Comment

Yeah thats the stuff.. BTW i quite like the interior of your car!
                      Diary of a nerd;
                      A life? Cool! Where can i download one of those from?

Mazda 323 trapped in a Ford Laser body! Thats my story

Comment

hey greg that was the first time i ever really saw you interior it looks really good....
                        Sexy Turbo Charged 2000 LX

Comment

just real quick, sorry to thread jack but .. my interior is tan and im about to paint everything ...but what can i do about the carpeting on the doors and the floor and headliner? anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                            just real quick, sorry to thread jack but .. my interior is tan and im about to paint everything ...but what can i do about the carpeting on the doors and the floor and headliner? anyone
                            There are available carpet kits that many installers can do for you. As for the headliner, I am going to have mine recovered in vinyl. And for the doors, they can be recovered, mine are recovered in leather from the middle of my seats.

Comment

There are available carpet kits that many installers can do for you. As for the headliner, I am going to have mine recovered in vinyl. And for the doors, they can be recovered, mine are recovered in leather from the middle of my seats.

How do you go about recovering the doors? What would be the easiest way to do it yourself? Is the 1999 Protege Door on big piece or does it come apart?

Also I have decided to paint my car Blue.

That is the color Blue I am going to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X