ORG RallyX #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ORG RallyX #6

Sky is clear, water truck is out getting the course not so dry. I was workin first, running second. It was funny watching some guys out there at the beginning.... SO sloppy... Some exciting moments from the 1st run group. Now we're up.

I'm the 2nd car on course... WOW!!!! after the water truck came through, it was a loss cause just trying to stay straight.. Horrible... my 1st run turned out to be a 3:12 counting 2 cones... OUCH!!!!!!!! that was a LONG 3 minutes, lemme tell ya..

2nd run... Course is drying out more... I felt better, TRIED to lay it out on the few dry spots that were... Well, only shaved about 30 seconds off... Turned in a 2:45.. again counting 2 cones... And to think, up until the last couple events, i was on a clean streak. no cones... Just couldn't help it. I hardly braked, cause I just wasn't getting the speed neccessary. So turning in early and sliding was all the was going on.

3rd run. AWESOME!!!! there was this little bump, turned jump. Hehehe. It was fun. I tried to catch some air there. Guess I got something as some people were saying. Apparently it's cool to see a Civic Wagon do the $h!t we do. Anyway, course was SO dry now. Speed was definately happening. But, again... 2 freaking cones... Time: 2:10.. Notice the difference from water vs dry course.. an entire minute plus... Oh, might I add, somewhere along the line, proly after the hard landing form the jump, a vac line popped out, and my idle is lying around 7500rpm.... (remember, no fuel cut off) Goose comes running over, helped me out. He's the guy with the 85 civic. My competition. We.. more like he gets some crap pulled out of the carb/filter unit, and notices the vac line.. Hook it back up, idles just fine again.

So the 4th and final run. My goal is to be clean. I'm feeling GOOD! Take off the line, I'm actually putting down some power! (67hp on a good day) Taking corners so slick. Heading into the jump, I'm mobbing 2nd gear, proly wrapping out around 6k maybe.. 7k? Land... was brutal.. It hurt. Luckily i got my harness all tightened up, so i didn't go anywhere. But it was a hard landing. Coming out of the landing through some loops people are jumping and clapping. it was awesome. I'm poppin out of gear.. Typical... Finaly. about 30-40 seconds later as i'm getting around to the finish, my engine is making this horrible sound.. Oh well, i'm like 2 seconds from the finish... Take a right almost hairpin, and out of the corner o my eye... all I see is a massive white cloud. I thought... 'wholy ****!!! is that me' next thing i know.. i cross the finish timing light... my car FILLS with white smoke, and people are runngig at me holouring 'FIRE!' i kill the car, grab my extinguisher from the passenger floor boards, but workers are already spraying under the front bumper... Open the hood,oil EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! we push the car to my pits.. Figure she's toast.. Them people start bringing me pieces of my brand new fabbed fglight grille... :'( that was sad... and everyone is going crazy about how exciting i was out there.. Shooting fireballs... engine bay on fire... my jump was crazy... Well, about 45 mins later after i call for a ride from Salem to get me in Hillsboro, i try to crank the car... It starts!?

Go buy 3 quarts from Black Sun, pour two in.. look underneath to see if i'm leaking... Nope... I'M LIKE FLOODING OUT!!!! That's when i see it... a hole the size of a golfball in my oilpan.... Huh... damn...

Anyway.. about 7 hrs later... And almost $200 spent in the day. I got a u-haul truck and dollie, bring the car back to my house... She's on jackstands.. i pull the lights out look underneath.. Ya.. a hole... plus rods and other crap forcing there own way down too... Needless to say. The thought that it was only a headgasket are out the window. As is the rest of the car likey...

I'll get pics up tomorrow. I'm pooped.. Been a long day.. And on top of it.. I didn't make it to work. They were ok with me coming in late after the race.. Well once I called, and told em my car was on fire, and i don't think i'll be in today..... They were too happy.. Hehe.. but i can use paid time off for this. So i got paid for today anyway. hehehehehe

Plans now:.... take the brand new alternator out.. remove the brand new drums, and other hardware JUST put on prior to this event.. Sell em.. and scrap the car.. Try and get some $$ out of it.. I'm not gonna put a new motor in it.. I hate carbs.. (not skilled enough to do FI swap) and i don't wanna have to buy another motor for a car i got for free... When i plan to put all my money towards my stage car... Looks like i'm sitting the last even out this year.....
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

oh.. btw.. my 4th run... 1:57 no cones or gates
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Sounds like you had a blast.

Comment

I can't wait to see pics :D
        -Dennis
        95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

Ok... so here are pics...
          First few are just a couple cool action shots...

This was likely the 3rd pass through the jump.

Again, the landing of the 3rd pass

Now... notice i'm missing my brand new foglight grille.. the entire unit broke off shortly after the start and it pretty much got in my way on course.. And lost

Here's THE landing.... it was rough

Just after the landing coming through the loops

This was taken from the jump all the way across the course. Right after the fire was put out

Jessica's EGT getting all 4 off the ground

And Goose' rough landing

Now here's the best pics i can show of the lightened oil pan...
          Sorry for huge pics... my laptop run way too slow to run PS and resize...

Comment

Just slightly OT but go get Irfanview for your laptop, it'll resize fast and easy, it's free and works very well.
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Or you can host it somewhere that can resize them like imageshack..

Btw, that looks like it was freakin fun.

Comment

SO.. results are posted... I pretty much sucked... got 7th of 9.. pretty bummer.. but there was some good competition in our class this time.. 2 new faces in particular came out and hurt us in their freaking neons. (neons are GREAT stock class competitors) so ya.. a let down.. i was curious. looking at the scoring.. i sit 3rd in points for the series right now.. and if i miss the next event.. which is the final event.. worst case scenario is i'll be tied for 3rd.. But, if i can even get out there to compete (in the chevy prizm) and take top 5.. i'll secure 3rd by myself.. heck, i could proly come in last.. and just get a single point to secure it. So.... that's pretty exciting stuff. =D

Comment

Working...
                X