Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Protege 1.5 oil capacity?

Hello all,
    I just joined the forum and searched for the answer to my question before posting this but haven't been able to find the info I need.
    A few days ago I bought a 1989 4-door Protege with the 1.5 liter engine (90.9 cubic inches). I want to do an oil change but don't know how many liters it takes. I figure it about the same as my 1992 323 hatchback, 3.5 liters, but would like to know exactly.
    I bought the Protege because my 1992 323 hatchback finally had enough. That 323 was pretty much indestructible. It has 359,000 kilometers on it. The engine is leaking about a liter every 3 months but still runs great. It's the body that finally started to really go. Amazing it lasted this long up here in Canada where they go crazy with the salt in the winters. I undercoated annually and that helped but now it's got a big hole at the bottom of the firewall near the driver's feet, along with the back of the rocker panels and wheel wells on both sides are pretty well gone and one of the motor mounts is in rough shape. The gas tank leaks. It also needs a complete exhaust, a rad, front struts and springs and the hand brake is seized. The synchro is also going since it has a hard time going into reverse. Anyway, the car's lasted almost 20 years with virtually no problems so I think it's paid for itself.

One other question: I was told the brake pads and rotors on the '92 323 are the same as those on the '98 Protege. Is that true? If so, do you know of any other interchangeable parts like the alternator and whatever else?

thank and I'm glad I found this great forum,
    baz

^welcome to CP

BAZ was my tag when i was a kid.havent seen that name is ages
    anyway welcome!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X