how do i get my headlights out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i get my headlights out??

does anyone here know how to remove the headlights on a '95? i went outside to do it today and took out the coner and the three top metal clips but thats as far as i got...... is there any screws or anything that i need to remove to pop that sucker out?? any help would be apperciated.. thanks

This is gonna be off the top of my head but I'll help as much as I can.
    Take off the black plastic above the grill(plastic screws)
    Take off the grill(use a flat head screwdriver(4 clips))
    Take off the corner lights(1 nut on-top of the headlight then give it a tug or push it out from the inside)
    Take the bulb out of the corner by turning it and pulling it out
    There are 4 bolts in the headlight itself(they can come out with a ratchet and I think a 12mm socket, you will also need a 6in. extension
    Unplug the headlight by squeezing the black plug.

Tools:
    ratchet
    12mm(or 10mm not sure) socket
    flat head screwdriver
    phillips head screwdriver

I don't have any pics and not 100% sure if I'm leaving anything out but this is a start. I recommend the 1st gen. headlight process. It helped mine a good amount. I need to go back to them because you can tell which one I did more sanding on(it's clearer, I guess that's proof that it works). *I am not liable for anything you break but it's not a hard task.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

alright i wont count you liable...lol. alot more work then i thought but thanks for the help! oh and by the way how do you like those jl audio subs? do they pound? i was lookin at some and was wonderin.... thanks again

Comment

It's not as much work as you think. If you took them right out and put them right back in, it'd probly take about 15 mins.
        I like the JLs but some people say otherwise. I heard them in my friends truck and it sounded pretty good. I bought them from him when he didn't want them anymore. I'm not sure what exact model they are. I can get more out of them than I do. If I'd do it again I'd get only one and drive the heck out of it. I've been debating selling one of them and buying a different box and seeing what I can do with it.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

sweet if you can get pics i might be interested....thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Check my site...it'll be this weekend before I can get the part no. off of them. Not positive I wanna sell them yet. Just been debating if I wanna do something different or not.

Comment

Working...
            X