Superpro bushings anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superpro bushings anyone?

I just sent a message to Tein about the possibility of a group buy of Superpro bushings. I would be more than willing to make this happen. Let me know what part numbers you are interested in.

Posted my inquiry here: http://www.tein.com/mail_form/superpro_mail.html

We'll see what happens.

Thanks,

Dave

already had someone try this, and he had people's money and they kept coming up with reasons why they didn't have all the bushings done. so after 6-8 months after they were suppose to be ready, the GB was officially canceled and all money was returned.

not to rain on your parade, but there is a lot of foot work that has to be done to get a GB from start to finish.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Yeah, I was in on that. My understanding was that he was getting the parts directly from Superpro. Tein is the US distributor now, so maybe it will work out. I'll see if they get back to me next week.

Dave

Comment

Well there may be another way to get bushings. I am on a SAE mini baja team and we are talking to this company about making us some custom polyurethane bushings. The company is just starting up and seems very excited that we found them on the web. Right know we have given them the dimensions of what we need. We are waiting for them to make a prototype to let us know the cost and time frame for an order to be made. They are set up to do as many as you want to a single piece. If this works out we may have a source for lateral links bushings that are direct fit instead of modding universal ones.
        Link:

If we go with them I'll post the results if they are worth dealing with.
        Last edited by white-lightning; 10-04-2009, 08:02 PM. Reason: typo and forgot link
        SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

Originally posted by white-lightning View Post
          Well there may be another way to get bushings. I am on a SAE mini baja team and we are talking to this company about making us some custom polyurethane bushings. The company is just starting up and seems very excited that we found them on the web. Right know we have given them the dimensions of what we need. We are waiting for them to make a prototype to let us know the cost and time frame for an order to be made. They are set up to do as many as you want to a single piece. If this works out we may have a source for lateral links bushings that are direct fit instead of modding universal ones.
          Link:

If we go with them I'll post the results if they are worth dealing with.
          That might work! I will see what Tein says if they call me back.

My dad was a Mini Baja advisor when he was an ME college professor (now retired). He had lotsa fun!

Comment

Molds are being machined. They are donating the material and time to make them to my baja team and we just pay the cost of the machining for the molds. Should get them in sometime this month or November. They can make them from 60-90 durometer iirc. I'll post again once we get them in to see if the quality looks good.
            SPI swapped

Comment

Originally posted by white-lightning View Post
              Molds are being machined. They are donating the material and time to make them to my baja team and we just pay the cost of the machining for the molds. Should get them in sometime this month or November. They can make them from 60-90 durometer iirc. I'll post again once we get them in to see if the quality looks good.
              so then what bushings molds are going to be made?
              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

They are for custom ones for our baja team. They are smaller flange type bushings. If their quality is good someone needs to get all the dimensions of the lateral link bushings and any other bushing that we would like them to make.
                SPI swapped

Comment

Working...
                X