Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MUTE - a film by Alpine

Check it out:

That's a nice car (the interior). I know Alpine have a couple of demo cars but is this one real or is it just for the "movie"?

tahts the civic dude.... u know hte one from all the magazine covers... the one thats won like a million awards... the only thing I didnt understand was the gauges are connected to the sliding amp rack but the back hatch has to be open for the gauges to be back hince hte rack being displayed and when they move forward the hatch can close but that means someone else was in the back closing the hatch... sigh i think about stuff too much... oh well... still beautiful... if thats how the car really starts... by the big blue button... then thats just bad ass..

Comment

This car is an actual car that was built just to see if it could be done. The sliding arm is actually run electrically and slides under the back amps so the hatch does not have to be open. I think it was in super street mag a couple of months ago. There like $150,000 invested into it and that's not counting the $20,000 sound system that was donated by alpine. The funny part about this car is that the only mod done to the engine is a cold air intake and that is it. The only time the car is running is when they put it on and take it off of the trailer.
      Last edited by customprotege; 01-19-2004, 07:40 PM.
      [

Comment

Originally posted by customprotege
        The only time the car is running is when they put it on and take it off of the trailer.
        is the vehicle operational?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          tahts the civic dude.... u know hte one from all the magazine covers... the one thats won like a million awards...
          hey man, I can't find pictures of the 9835 anywhere! the other sites (australian, european, japanese) don't even have the new models listed! (but have some interesting modifications of the current models - for example, in europe, the 9815 is silver!). anyway... if you find a pic you know what to do.

Comment

The car is very much operational. In fact, when the magazine came out a couple of months ago, they said they still had the first tank of gas that the dealer gives you still in it.
            [

Comment

lol, that's hilarious. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be driving the car around.

Comment

That's a very nice movie and the civic definately kicks ass. Nicely done!
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  lol, that's hilarious. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be driving the car around.
                  Well, like the owner in the mag said, "it's not something that you want to take to your local blockbuster." Hell, if I had a car that I put that much money into, I don't believe that I would be driving it either. One thing about that car it's ALL show and no go.
                  [

Comment

no the gauges are connected to the whole amp rack... if you go to the alpine site and look under the the dev. pics of it it shows them molding it onto the rack... I know it moves but it all moves together... which is waht I dont get on how they pulled it off...

Comment

if i had high speed up here in SC i'd check it out maybe this weekend when i'm home with my high speed i'll take a look

you all seen the pics of the mini yet? i think there was some over on carsound. i know they had been talking about it, and it was supposed to be shown at CES.

and the civic has been around for a while. same installers that did the alpine M3 a few years ago, as well as the RSX. chris yato and steve brown keep raising the bar of what a professional install can be

Comment

IT is not really surprising that a full blown demo car is not driven. First no one will insure the damned thing for vechile comp collision if they know what it is and the dollar they are talking.
                        Second, and most pratical, comp cars are kept very clean and pristine. If you drive, you will have to clean it and detail it. Mind you, it is detailed before and after everyshow- but road and engine dirt??? No way!
                        Engine mods would be fun it the car was competeing in some rice shows, but this car really does not run off the alternator worth spit, it is batteries, and transformers for it. It doesn't need engine modifications- they don't use the engine! Engine mods at best would look cool- cause they have added tremendous weight to the car via thier install, the car probably would not even get back to even power with a boat load of mods.
                        Finally, who would want to shake up that pretty install on a pot holed beat up dirty old road anyway?
                        David A. Cameron
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
                        stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
                        2004 Cooperworks Mini
                        2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
                        Sine Pari

Comment

the civic cant be drivien on the road.... the seat is bolted down but hte its made of just fiberglass and mdf and doesnt have a seat belt..... just imagine htough if that thing had all 6 of those bottles of NX hooked up... wow that could be fun... prolly die but hey it would be fun...

Blue: you have a link to the mini? ive been wantin to see the new car for ever and you just told me what it was so now I gotta see it

Comment

first, here's the '04 product brochure that someone scanned.

secondly, here ya go:

they also had a honda pilot and a mercedes in their booth. i believe they can be found on their site. nothing crazy about them, though.

try this link. i couldn't get it to come up cause it was taking forever here's another link that was taking forever, and it has questionable adult material supposedly.

Comment

wow! blue, thanks for the catalog man, the 9835 is SWEET. It's got a PICTURE display. Again, the difference between the 33 and the 35 is in the display department. Apparently the display is called BioLite. I'm getting it!

asylum, looks like the green ones are called "classic" man. look at this

that mini looks like a boat. no seat(s)?

blue, the last link DOES have anna kournikova's ass (and more) in the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X