Protege 5 + superchager = what should i do for enigne managment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege 5 + superchager = what should i do for enigne managment

Ok i'm working on build a custom supercharger setup for my protege 5. its gonna be a simple and reliable setup. so something easy to use and easy to tune would be good. i'm good with mechanics but not so with electronics. just looking for ideas on what i should use to control everything, something i can tune aswell. not looking to make alot of horsepower, just that little extra to get me around. thanks

well, i'm sure you don't want to hear it, but a stand alone is gonna be your best friend. it will allow you to tune for more fuel and if you want to squeeze out extra horse ignition timing. of course you can have launch control and what not with it. stand alone is also nice when you decide to change pulley's sizes and want bigger injectors.

other then that, you can look into getting a greddy e-manage piggyback or other piggyback systems.

the cheapest, but i wouldn't do it after playing around with a stand alone, is a SAFC2, put bigger injectors in, and tune them down with that.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

was looking at this, but its not available yet. http://www.haltech.com/index.php?opt...=120&Itemid=86

Comment

also i didnt mention but i'll only be running 6 psi

Comment

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/sprint-500.html for that price you could ask lex to build you a plug and play megasquirt and save a few hundred
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

you could always get the MSP ecu and call it a day. It would be approximately the same maps and in the worst case, just use a split second or something similar to fine tune the maps.

Comment

well depending on how much boost the MSP runs vs. how much he will run, and considering he will lean out down low cuz the boost comes on instantly and not progressive like with the turbocharger. it would be risky still, but better then a stock computer. do your car use a AFM?
              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

stock boost for a msp 8lbs
                sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Working...
                X