Turbo Wagon Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Wagon Swap

Yes I searched first so now im asking. i have an 87 wagon and im tryin to swap in a 89 turbo swap. i have all the parts and i have done this swap several times. that said what i never ran into before was a carberated 323. some things i am already aware of such as the gas tank is different and im not sure if the fuel lines need to be swapped or do i have to swap the entire harness from turbo car. i need help asap as this car needs to be running fast. in the meantime i will be swapping all the ac stuff over till i can figure out what i need to change . anyone got any experiance in this?

Also i need to know are all the 323 cars (bf) pre wired for a/c? or mostly pre wired for it? i am adding it to my car. the car its coming out of is a 86 canadian gt 1.6 sohc car. goin into an 87 wagon. so im not 100 percent on whats needed. any input would be appreciated. as of now anything attached to the ac has is being removed for the swap. thanx.

Comment

The a/c has a seprate harness that plugs into the body harness.
      12 cbr250r: daily ride
      01 saab 9-3: daily
      98 gsxr 1100: for sale
      93L: money pit/ space waster
      92GL: low and slow beater
      90?: the rust free shell
      89LX: swapping to rust free shell
      89L: for sale
      89L: parts
      87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
      76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

thanx i figured that one out after a bit lol. the biggest thing i need to know right now is about the fuel lines do i need to change them?

Comment

I'm not sure. Go hit up a junk yard and pull some lines from a EFI car and compare. I haven't had to deal with the carby motors much. I'll check with Daley from another forum I'm on... Which is down of course... again.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

i have both cars. i was just hoping to not have to pull lines. its a pain in the ass. looks as tho i may have to. also looks like im gonna have to do a write up for the ones that are unlucky enough to get a carb car and want to do a turbo swap. not much info out there on it. its only the second carb 323 i have ever seen and i thought i already owned every damn 323 built by now lol.

Comment

The other thing to do would be cross reference part numbers on rockauto.com That's what I do a lot.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Just reference the apparent diameter between the two cars. You will need a supply and return line at the very least. Also, I don't know about the 323's but in other Fuel injected cars, the gas tanks are different from carb ones, baffles and fuel pumps. To run a fuel injected set up, you need a bit more fuel pressure. Another thing to remember is the VAF has the fuel pump shut off/run switch built into it. You could bypass this with a different toggle switch. I myself am a huge fan of pilot switches.

Comment

wel i just pulled the tank and the lines and i am swaping them over. no screwin around lol. thanx guys

Comment

Some pics of the project would be good complement to the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X