Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI: Stage 1 Racing Axles

Hey guys,

had a quick chat with Jon about our new racing axles, and was just wondering if this was something that you guys would be interested in?

I'm not sure what the axle situation is like with your Mazda's/Ford's, but with our Honda's, they are a major weak link when drag racing

Here's some info on them (taken from our website):

Put more power to the ground with the MFactory Stage 1 Racing Axles, designed specifically for the high performance Road/Race market and conservatively rated to 400whp.

Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
    Axle Shafts & 10% larger 6-Ball CV Joints are Forged from High-Nickel Chromoly Steel & put through our proprietary heat treatment process
    Hollow center shaft core reduces rotational weight by 30%!
    High quality Silicone CV Boots to minimize the ripping or tearing normally associated with cheap rubber boots
    100% OEM replacement/fitment and includes new ABS Rings

MSRP: $699.95 + Shipping

Any feedback and/or suggestions would be much appreciated
    MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
    YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
    SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
    SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

would u guys offer rebuilding in the future?

Comment

Those are more expensive then half the peoples cars on this site!

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
        Yes, and so if every part that you buy for our cars. But these are parts (LSD, axles, etc) that people need to make big reliable power.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

im intrested but i needs capri xr2 axles (thats what fits my car)

Comment

I want a set for fronts and rears GTR

Comment

Would we have to re-use the intermediate shaft, or would these eliminate that?
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Depends on what you guys need/want?

Making a new/stronger intermediate shaft isn't an issue, if it is required.
                MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com

Comment

IIRC the ones ZXTuner sold eliminated the intermediate shaft; I would definitely consider at least strengthening it as it is possible to twist/break them while drag racing.
                  sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                  92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

the intermediate shaft is important to keep. it makes the axles equal length for less torque steer. On that note, i've never seen new intermediate shafts for sale anywhere!
                    Rob's machina de destruccion
                    Originally posted by ragnarock01
                    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

i agree if it was a full set with the intermediate shaft at $700 that would be a good deal

Comment

I personally LOVE having the intermediate shaft, for more than just the torque steer issue.. STRONG Raxles driver-side axle, and new intermediate shaft (from corksport, for the MSP LSD), with a stock MX3 passenger side axle. So far, it's twice kept parts internal to the transmission from breaking, and the weak link, replaceable in less than 10 minutes, was the only broken part!!! NO fluid draining/refilling needed. 699 for a pair is only 350 per axle, and I think that's about what I paid for my Raxles.com driver-side axle, so the price is right about in-line.

Raxles offers a next-day replacement guarantee with their axles, do you guys do the same??

--sarge

Comment

We offer our standard manufacturers warranty against defects upon receipt and installation.

If a failure were to occur though during use, it would just depend on the circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                            A statement that would stand true even in a Ferrari club aftermarket section

What I would like to see is shafts with bolt flanges! Like those in the rear shafts. Helps with engine removal a great deal. Then again, I have 626 which would probably not take 323 shafts.

Comment

Honestly, I'd rather have straight cut gears.

Comment

Working...
                              X