Not really a 3rd gen but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a 3rd gen but..

Ok Im postin it in here cuz 3rd gens are the ones with leather most of the time so yea thats why...

Anyway my gf wants to start her car(00 silver accord v6) but hte interior is tan, wood, a lil brown, and of course the tan leather.... now how the hell do you change the color of leather... and please tell me I dont have to reupholster everything....or do you think she should just go to a junkyard and get the dark grey color peices and start from that? I really dont want to dye the stuf fit can be done cuz Im wanting her to dothe work and if the answer is dye it, that means I have to help... (grr) please help me yo!

there are certain dyes out there made for dye.
    try getting a hold of a dry cleaner or leather cleaner shop.
    my gf works at a dry cleaner's and they can dye leathers from shade to shade (brown to black, tan to brown, etc...)
    but i could see a complication seeing as the leather is firmly attached to your car.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Dont dye your seats dude, ive seen it done a couple times and at least to me it looks like ****, now i prolly saw just a ****ty job but still, buy some leather take it to a reupholsterer and pay a little money to get it done right. But the bad side of this means youll be without you seat for maybe close to a month.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yea maybe she could just get racing seats or something in it lol and she doesnt need door covers

Comment

The easiest thing to do would probably be just to go to a junkyard and pick up some different leather seats. If not, you could always just upholster everything, I am rather fond of that option.

Comment

Working...
          X