moving seat railing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving seat railing

I was wondering if it's possible to move the seat railing in the Pro.
    I'm 6'5, so it's kind of a tight fit in the driver's seat (not too tight, but an extra 1.5" would be nice).. is it possible to move the railing that the driver's seat uses? i just wanna unbolt it and move it back a couple inches. this would probably involve removing all the carpetting and some saudering, but i have a friend that can help out with that.

I want to do this to my GF's Echo Hatchback, too... (but about 3" in that POS)...

note: i don't care about people sitting behind me.. they can squeeze in or get out

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

all it should take is seperating the rail from the seat frame and moving it towards the front of the seat say 2 inches. make sure both sides are moved the same amount, then weld it in place. my buddy took the rails off his stock seats and put them on his leather racing seats i don't know crap about metal working or welding for that matter, but it's not a hard job from what i've heard

Comment

hmm. ok. i think i understand..
      so it's not a matter of removing the rails from the car.. but removing the bracket that ties the rail and the seats and moving that brackets to a more forward point on the seat (instead of, what i would assume, the center of the seat)
      i don't really know much about welding either.. my buddy has a whole welding kit thing and he makes low-rider bikes, though... so he should be able to pull this off.

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

the rails come off when you unbolt the seat from the car. the top rail that slides on the bottom rail is what you need to move. or whatever supports are under the seat. i havent' had my seats out in a while, otherwise i could be more descriptive. if i have time this afternoon i'll take a closer look, and maybe some pics.

Comment

sweet!!
          thanks for the help

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
          X