KLZE ecu/vaf question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLZE ecu/vaf question

So now I'm thinking I'll probably/maybe just drop in a klze and go all motor. Well here's some questions I would like answers to or even if you can point me to a thread or whatever that can be infomative.

What ecu/vaf is best for this setup? I've heard the klze ecu isn't a PNP deal so I figured use a klde ecu. Now if I run a klde ecu there will be check engine codes for the egr. So I was looking around and saw probinator sells chips to change the fuel curve and eliminate the cel and then I saw this 1...

That 1 says he changed the rev limiter to 8000rpm as well lol.

Another question... what exactly is the difference between the curved neck and straight neck? I mean I've heard the cams were better in the straight neck but I could care less because both motors are rated for the same hp so what gives?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

look into the zombie chips, the ebay ones are supposedly crap.

also:

Originally posted by ebay listing
    Note: This ECU will not work in MX-3 cars unless you make some changes to your car ignition system or wiring.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by shawn not sean
      look into the zombie chips, the ebay ones are supposedly crap.

also:

Originally posted by ebay listing
      Note: This ECU will not work in MX-3 cars unless you make some changes to your car ignition system or wiring.
      Hmm I'll have to send him a message asking exactly what needs to be changed because if I do go ze I'd like to get the most out of it
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Hmm... liked to hear more about this ecu. Anyone knows if it sucks? or does work!

Comment

I still never got a responce from the seller of the auction
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Straight neck Ze's have KL-31 cams curved neck ZE's may not. Only way to tell is to pop off the valve cover and check or buy a straight neck and install a curved neck manifold.

Good info here: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46677

Use the Vaf from your MX-3 (JE-50) The JE-50 is the same vaf they use stock on a KLZE. Then use your MX-3 ECU, but send it to this dude to have it chipped.

If I were you (had a vagina) I would buy the straight neck KLZE and then get a curved neck intake for it from a Millenia. Then you would be Guaranteed the KL-31 cams. With the Millenia manifold it would nearly fall into place (which would appease your feminine side). Since your so cheap, you may want to just buy a Millenia curved neck KLZE instead.

Not all MX-3 ECU's can be chipped though.
            Last edited by IMACHU2; 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM. Reason: I got funnier
            Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

I can't find the link I was looking for. As you know both KLZE's make 200HP. The KL-31 cammed KLZE has a more favorable Performance Torque and power curve. In the real world, I am not sure if these differances could be measured though. Your Poe, cheap and Lazy, so Get the Curved Neck KLZE

sigpic

Comment

Neither.

Megasquirt and an IAT sensor, and get rid of that stupid flapper crap.

Comment

The picture you needed this morning that you probably don't need now. How unusual for you to change your mind, so unlike you.

k8 ecu questions.
                  Alot of people swap in the KLZE motors into the mx-3. Something to remember is, not all k8 ecus can be chipped. Only certain ones can. What I need to know is the eprom number inside your ecu. In the picture here is where the chip is at.
                  First take off the 4 phillips screws on top. Then there are like 4 or 5 more holding part of the ecu in. Take out those, and then flip up the board and look for the eprom with a sticker I circled it in red in the picture below. I need those numbers. the last 4 digits mainly. If it starts with a 16** it CANNOT be chipped. Example would be in the picture that one cannot be chipped. If it starts with like a 2*** it CAN be chipped.
                  Hope this cuts down on the confusion. Feel free to email me at probegtze@hotmail.com If you have further questions.
                  If you would like to order a chip for the k8 it will be 35 shipped if within the states 45 if outside the states. Expect delay if outside. the post office has about a 8-12 business day delevery time.
                  paypal is probegtze@hotmail.com make sure to state if you have a curve neck or straight neck ze in your mx3.

Well if you don't use your MX-3 ECU you can at least see if it is chip-able. If so there is a market for them and you can sell it. Save it until I get around to checking my ECU. If mine is not chipable you can send me the ECU and sway bar in the same box. LOL

sigpic

Comment

DE and BOOST! 300whp+ on 10psi... i'm seriously reconsidering my Supercharger plans

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

not many supercharged KL's have hit the 300 wheel mark though. there's been a few, but there's Vastly more power made easily going turbo on the kl's. i think the very 1st probe/mx6 to hit 12's was a supercharged KL though back in like 2001.
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                      X