BF 323 front disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF 323 front disks

How do you get the disk off without getting all into the bearings?

Will the disk and "hub" just come off seperate? It appears that the bearing, hub, spindle are removed together?

Tell me it aint so...All I wnt to do is replace a broken lug.

(this is the base model 323.)
    Last edited by grey1; 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM.

Unfortunately, that is how it is designed - with the rotor behind the hub. You'll have to either press everything apart yourself, or pay someone to do it for you. I've done it a few times, and I honestly don't think it's that bad of a job to do if you have the right tools and equipment. You'll probably want to replace the seals (inner/outter) and bearings (1 part nr.) as well.

I suggest investing in getting the Mitsu disk swap done so you'll never have to do this again. The info is on the yahoo forum, the part numbers are on that database too. Also, there's some good advice on how to seperate the hub. I've used my neighbor's press, but I've also seen people use 6X6 blocks of wood and a maul, which was pretty cool in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post

I suggest investing in getting the Mitsu disk swap done so you'll never have to do this again. The info is on the yahoo forum, the part numbers are on that database too. Also, there's some good advice on how to seperate the hub. I've used my neighbor's press, but I've also seen people use 6X6 blocks of wood and a maul, which was pretty cool in itself.

Okay thanks man. What yahoo group is that?

Is there not a mazda spindle to fit?

Comment

you'll have to login to access the database, but it's well worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X