Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car seems to run good underboost, a/f are looking good but timing way to advanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car seems to run good underboost, a/f are looking good but timing way to advanced

Ok so the car seems to run the way it should, i think. A/f ratios seem good 14's 15's at idle then under boost 10's 11's and 12's. when im crusing letting the revs drop my aem displays ---, which is what its supposed to do. My question is when i retard the timing to like 12* btdc the car bogs and breaks up nd runs like ****. right now if i hit it with the timing light the mark is way beyond the timing marks on the lower timing cover. That means its rather advanced I know that but can i just leave it like this or is this asking for trouble and i should do something to fix this?
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

when you let off the gas it reads blank or ---. Its supposed to. Mine reads 20 and flashes but i have a glowshift wideband. When you put the timing light on the car it should be 12* toward the firewall. Also you might be experiencing spark blow out. Check the gap or your plugs should be around .028-.032
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

ok but i know for a fact my timing is way more advanced then that but i cant get the car to run properly at 12* towards the firewall, what could be causing this problem? i think my plugs are good but how do i check the gapping anyway?
      the a/f's like i said look pretty good but im just worried that i might burn a valve or some****
      Last edited by deathtrigga; 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM.

my fs thread

Comment

i ran 16* timing for about 6 months, running it HARDDDDDDDDevery day and then long story short its ur car now lmao

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
        MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Add meth injection and advance the timing more
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Go to autozone or an autoparts store and get a spark plug gapper for a dollar.
            Last edited by bomdoutscort; 10-27-2009, 04:26 PM.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

death, are u running the BKR7E's ??? or that cheap no name **** u brought me last time lol

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

nah they are the ngk bkr7e's

my fs thread

Comment

Working...
                X