What do u think about led mirrors??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do u think about led mirrors??????

I'm thinkin bout buyin some led mirrors the signal would flah blue to match my off color ,and wanted to get opinions... like r they a pain to install... do thet look ok... let me know i'm interested!!!!!
    Last edited by "mazdachic"; 01-20-2004, 03:02 PM.
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

-I like them
    -i am going to be getting the carbon fiber led mirrors at the beginning of spring
    -dont look like they would be too complicated to install.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

be advised that if you have blue lights on your car and your car is moving, you can get arrested for impersonating a cop if you want it for show use, put a switch on them, so the cops don't harass you.

as far as installation, it's relatively easy, till you run the wires through the factory molex plug going into the car. the mirror itself is held on with 3 nuts. you have to remove your door panel to get to the plug for your stock mirrors. while it's off is when you'll need to run the power wires for the signals.

how to remove the door panel.

how to run the wires through the molex plug.

Comment

in my town the arent illegal!!! A lot of us have them down here!!! Thank God!!! Thanks for the info!!! I should have them by next monday!!! Got em cheap too!!!!!

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
          in my town the arent illegal!!! A lot of us have them down here!!! Thank God!!! Thanks for the info!!! I should have them by next monday!!! Got em cheap too!!!!!

so impersonating a cop isn't illegal there? i'll have to come and try it sorry, but just cause some cops don't ticket you, or arrest you (which yes, they can do) does not mean they are not illegal. maybe you just have cooler cops in the area and they realize how minor of an offense it is. but i know people that have been hauled off to jail for having blue LED windshield washer sprayers

Comment

yea that might be true but in our town we have like i guess u could call a rule sheet for your car and its not one of the violations!! Plus i guess havin an uncle as a cop might help a lil but none of us have ever been pulled over for that its always the stupid stuff like noise violations, and cruisin' cause ur not allowed to do that.. but anyways i dont mean to get off topic!! Just may be different in your neck of the woods.. Plus the mirrors I'm buyin' are street legal??? I dunno!! Just wanted help!!! Thanks though!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
              yea that might be true but in our town we have like i guess u could call a rule sheet for your car and its not one of the violations!! Plus i guess havin an uncle as a cop might help a lil but none of us have ever been pulled over for that its always the stupid stuff like noise violations, and cruisin' cause ur not allowed to do that.. but anyways i dont mean to get off topic!! Just may be different in your neck of the woods.. Plus the mirrors I'm buyin' are street legal??? I dunno!! Just wanted help!!! Thanks though!!!!!!!!!

it's all good. i've got the amber bulb ones on my car i just wanted to make sure you know what can happen. as i understand it from talking to cops in 4 different states, any blue lights can be considered impersonating a cop. there was a guy on the old forum that was ticket for having blue neons inside his car. the glow was enough to get him a big ticket you might want to check out megalaw. that's where i got all the florida laws for lights. and check for an eye sore law. many places have them, but aren't enforced, unless a cop wants to be a dick. basically in my experience i've learned that if a cop wants to **** you, he will

Comment

I hear ya on that one!! Thanks for the good info!!!! I apprieciate it!!!!! I'm not out in our town much!!!! But thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

The cops definately won't give you a hard time about them here in TN. Our cops here seem pretty laid back when it comes to car mods. But if they feel like it they will **** you over like Blue said.

Comment

Yea good ole Tennessee cops are kinda cool!!!! But i know they can be dicks!!!!! Some just like gettin' their monthly quota in!!!!!!!!!! Not from me!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yea i got em and with the blue lights. I love em. Only thing that sucks is that the mirros are tiny as hell so u cant see ****.
                      My OLD Car

Comment

thats a good idea what blue said though i would run them from your turn signals, to a switch and then to the mirrors, just incase of low quota.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yea that's what i think I'm gonna do just to be safe u never know when one of them is gonna turn on ya and be dick for a day!!! Thanks for everyones help!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I bought them yesterday for $13.19 shipped!!!! They should be here by Monday!!! Can't wait to get them here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got em' and U'm happy with them!! Thanks Blue for ur help!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X