Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWAP: 1.8L DOHC (BP05) on 1982 323.

well..my car is like this.

I have a (E1) 1.1L OHC 8v on it..is like the motor used on american GLC's (1.5L)

I want to swap it to BP05 (1.8L DOHC from Protege).

Like this.

Some help with this..anybody doit ?

You might have better luck going to protegeclub.com

They have a section specifically for GLCs and 323s of the year you have.

Hope you find some info. Not a bad looking 323. Hope your car comes out looking very similar!
    Last edited by zenilder; 09-07-2003, 04:52 PM.
    Bryan
    MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
    Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

well there only have 1 topic..

here have more people.

Comment

P.D: i have the same topic in all the forums

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          you'll have better luck in 323performance.com
          obviously, you'll need a wiring harness, ECU, tranny, engine, axles, and figuring out which mounts you'll need
          and we all know you don't even have an ECU and wiring harness in your car at all

the E1 (now called B1) engine is very related to the B3,B5, and B6 blocks... the BP-DE (what you called "BP05") is a extended "oversized" version of those 4 engines... the location of where things are installed are almost the same
          well..is right..the mounts are the same..but always is good ask before doit.

i think that i go to eliminate the ecu and EFI and i will put webbers on the BP05.

Comment

dood, your car is so awesome!!! I love that ****!! IS there are lot of GLC's like that in panama?
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

BTW: are you sure the motor in your car isn't a B1? IF it is, you can swap a BP in there relatively easy.

I know for a fact if it is a B1, you can do a swap to the 16v SOHC B6 VERY easily. You'll still need to convert to fuel injection.

For more info on the b1 to B6 swap, check out my Festiva site. Festivas come with B3's, but they are basically a larger version of your B1, so the instructions should benefit you:

Comment

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
                dood, your car is so awesome!!! I love that ****!! IS there are lot of GLC's like that in panama?
                well..isn't a GLC..is like it but isn't GLC. Here the name is 323 but most cars is damaged for the years (20).

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
                BTW: are you sure the motor in your car isn't a B1? IF it is, you can swap a BP in there relatively easy.

I know for a fact if it is a B1, you can do a swap to the 16v SOHC B6 VERY easily. You'll still need to convert to fuel injection.

For more info on the b1 to B6 swap, check out my Festiva site. Festivas come with B3's, but they are basically a larger version of your B1, so the instructions should benefit you:

http://projectmazda.com/festiva/
                well..this model (323) came with E1, E3 and E5 Motors. I'm interested on BP05 Engine for swap on my car.

P.D: Thanks for the URL with info.

Comment

ok if you are swaping for a BPDE then you will need the ECU, harness, engine mounts and i would suggest a new tranny too... also ignition coil...

**** you will need almost the whole front clip
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

then engine is the BP-DE the cyl head is BP05... might want to read what edwin has to say before.... well before **** hitith the fanith....
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i was just posting the link in case you wanted to do an easier swap. THe BPDE swap will require custom axles, hubs, crossmember, engine mounting locations and relocation of your battery for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X