Boostin' Granny Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boostin' Granny Worklog

Evening people, name's Kevin and you can learn more about me here.

OK so the car in question is a 1994 Protege LX. DOHC 5 speed with an awesome rust hole in the trunk! Grabbed it up for $600 which is decent given its pretty clean inside, needs brakes, a sunroof and a new windshield.

Ok now on to the good ****. I bought this car with the intention of building something I could turn from stupid fast down to completely sane and able to drive in the winter without being 4WD. OH, and it HAD to be gold, I hate the colour SO much that I had to have it.

After looking through all the threads and website and taking into consideration my desire to constantly try different things that are usually way overpriced, I’ve decided to build the car using inexpensive (Not cheap) parts mainly from EBay.
    Then I had an idea, why not get the input from the people on the forum who know the car best. So as I go through and buy parts, I will get together some options and a price range and let you guys decide, consider me your guinea pig.

I have already decided how the car is going to look. It's gonna take time for this all to come together, so bare with the decisions I make, it'll be right in the end.
    Everything performance wise is up for discussion with the exception of engine management. I will need to be able to modify the maps over and over again as I’m sure I’ll be changing out different turbos several times and different set ups different times.

So if there are any inexpensive parts you've wanted to try, put it out there. Below is what stages the build will take.

Stage 0
    EBay brakes (Pads + rotors. F+R)
    CD Player + Speakers
    EBay Seats
    EBay harness' and harness bar
    Struts
    EBay Coil Overs
    EBay Strut bars
    Stock motor.

Stage 1
    Megasquirt PnP (Map, launch control, flat shift)
    Snow Performance WMI
    EBay Miata Manifold (top or bottom mount)
    EBay t3 turbo kit
    EBay FMIC kit
    EBay BOV + WG
    550cc Injectors
    Stock Motor ~8 psi.

Stage 2
    Rods
    Pistons
    Headwork
    Intake Manifold
    Built Motor ~18 psi.

And we'll see what happens from there I guess. I'm planning on putting the first turbo kit on in mid march (or when there’s no more snow)
    I know things are gonna blow up, so I’m not worried about that, and believe me, I will beat the PISS out of the car and will put EVERYTHING through its paces.

I'll throw some pics up tomorrow, cameras dead.
    I'll pay you to do it
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

to many things that say ebay there
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
    X