Help... Removing the middle dash trim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help... Removing the middle dash trim.

Ok so today I bought the middle silver dash from the SP20 for my car (which has the balck one) but does anyone have a good guide on removing taht centre console? I tried once before and i pretty much had to take a good chuck of my car apart and im hoping not to have to do that this time round.

Might pop by the state library today and see if i can find me one.. The service manual is about $400 AUD (280 USD) so stuff that..
    Diary of a nerd;
    A life? Cool! Where can i download one of those from?

Mazda 323 trapped in a Ford Laser body! Thats my story

here ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz

Cheers.
      Diary of a nerd;

Comment

I actually did it today, if yours is the same as mine it's a lot easier than the tutorial says. First go under the dash and find the HVAC control cables, and disconnect them from the posts they're looped around. Then grab the trim piece from the top edge (you should be able to wedge your fingers underneath) and just pull out... carefully but it should come. Mine was just held in with plastic wedges (I don't really know what they're called), and I pulled it off pretty easily. Once it's off you can unscrew the HVAC controls and screw them on to the new trim, then reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
          I actually did it today, if yours is the same as mine it's a lot easier than the tutorial says. First go under the dash and find the HVAC control cables, and disconnect them from the posts they're looped around. Then grab the trim piece from the top edge (you should be able to wedge your fingers underneath) and just pull out... carefully but it should come. Mine was just held in with plastic wedges (I don't really know what they're called), and I pulled it off pretty easily. Once it's off you can unscrew the HVAC controls and screw them on to the new trim, then reinstall.
          Just how i did it! It was alot easier than i thought it would be! THanks for the help however!
          Diary of a nerd;

Comment

Working...
          X