about to have a new addition to my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to have a new addition to my family

well, i'm going to do something tomorrow that i said i'd never do. i'm going to buy a used subwoofer. not only was it used, it was used for comps. the pics i've seen shows it in great shape, almost new looking. it's a treo CSX 18" beast 71.33 mm of peak linear cone movement. it was getting about 3k watts for burps, which isn't much for that sub. hopefully i'll be bringing it home tomorrow i'll post up pics then

CSX page.
    spec page.

It's just not fair blue....

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

While you're at it, you wanna ship me a used subwoofer or two? Since I don't have any?

Comment

wholey moleys...

Hey Blue, how big is the 6th order band pass box gunna be for an 18" monster like this?
        Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 01-21-2004, 05:25 AM.
        'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
        -Dean
        2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
        18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
        Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
        MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
        Injen CAI - Polished
        Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
        DaveB trim rings
        Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
        Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
        Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
        Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
        Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
        Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
        Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
        Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Lucky S.O.B. I should be getting updates on pics of my car since the JBL amp and the boxes installed on my sound domain page. I'll keep you posted.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Do you plan on imploding your car with this beast?
            2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
            Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Hey Blue, no need for rear seats. Just make a giant box that will utilized the rear seat area for your box and make hellaciously loud. It was already extremely loud with the Brahma sub. I know that takes away from the shock factor though, when you can't tell people that it is a single 10" sub.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

How much does that thing weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                  How much does that thing weigh?
                  i'm guessing about 80 lbs
                  and sorry, but i keep all my old subs for testing, if they last long enough to get replaced by choice and not cause i blew it right now i only have my 8's, an obcon 10, and my brahma 10 should arrive today

DeanSweet, no 6th order BP with port and driver displacement as well as the regular internal volume it'd be up around 14 cu ft i'm still throwing ideas around in my head, but i think i've got it narrowed down to 2 possibilities. one would be to have the sub facing up in the trunk, and 3 ports coming out the back. 2 that can be covered. there will be one main port, that will tune the box to 23 or 24 hz for daily driving. open up one other port and it'll tune it up around 45 hz, so it'll peak at the resonant freq of my car. open up the 3rd and it'll tune it up to 53-55 hz, depending how from the back of the trunk the ports are, so i'd get a 1/2 sine wave at the dash.
                  option 2 would be to wall off the front of my trunk, and use the WHOLE trunk as the enclosure. i'll have to add wood in specific areas and fiberglass it all together, but that would get me about a 12 cu ft box for that beast that would be primarily for SPL purposes, though.

MisterT, yeah, i'm going to miss that WOW factor of having just a single 10

Comment

and now for pics of my new baby

i set it in the car and hooked it up to my amp, just to see it work.

low excursion:

high excursion:

it's a big bitch:

Comment

Huge
                      2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
                      Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

blue, AA just insn't working for you man. Now you have the sub for you extreme car, now you just need the car. IF you put that in your protege, i mean slotege, you need to put the factory rear springs on and leave the tein upfront. I can't wait to see the box you gona put it in.
                        '02 classic red p5
                        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

remember 6 months ago when i thought my type R 12 was bad ass and argued it against everything(ahh so young I was).... well that thing makes it look like a type S 5.25 coax lol

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                            blue, AA just insn't working for you man. Now you have the sub for you extreme car, now you just need the car. IF you put that in your protege, i mean slotege, you need to put the factory rear springs on and leave the tein upfront. I can't wait to see the box you gona put it in.

yeah, WTF is wrong with you guys?! you're supposed to talk me out of **** like this
                            lol, it was too good of a deal, and i found out i'm getting extended through february, so i'll have some more money coming in

hopefully it's going in my slowtege this weekend depending on how i do the box it'll weigh just a little more than my 10 in that huge ass box it was in i had almost 2 sheets of MDF for that box, and i'm hoping to keep this one under 1 sheet.

asylum, i'll take some pics of it next to my brahma for a good comparison

Comment

well, i just finished designing the box i will probably build this weekend. it's going to have 3 ports, and have 4.5 cu ft int volume, taking into consideration the sub displacement. with 2 of the ports closed it will have 5.5 cu ft volume, and be tuned to 23.8 hz. open up the left port and it will have 4.95 cu ft volume and be tuned to 43.4 hz. open up the right and left port, and it will have 4.5 cu ft volume and be tuned to 55 hz. good god i hope i got all this right, cause it's going to be a PITA to build. i'll post up pics of the build process for it. it cosists of 20+ pieces of 3/4" MDF. where the sub mounts will be 1.5" thick. it's going to take 1 1/3 sheets minimum of MDF. anyone know how much each sheet weighs?

Comment

Working...
                              X