Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a double-din cd player in thier ride???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a double-din cd player in thier ride???

I would like to see pics if anyone has one in thier ride???? I want to see how it looks before i spend more money on one to fill space in!!!! Let me know!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

what's your reason for wanting a DD unit? last time i looked at them, for the money you can get a much better single din unit that will have better/more features, and better specs. unless you have a lot of tapes, a DD unit is worthless, IMO. cheap installation kit pockets will run from $10-$30. the mazda pocket is like $75, but fits perfect and looks nice. honda pockets also work

Comment

I dunno i just thought by some weird thought it would look better in the dash!! I mean the double din i was lookin at was a cd player with no tape player?? I dunno!!! I dont like a lot of space just sittin there!!!! I might shop around and see!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the info Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Get an alpine 9835 for hte top and then get an alpine in dash DVD player for the bottom din and some 7" alpine LCD screens for the headrests and you are set sure you just spent 3k dollars but hey it would look and sound a lot better than a DD HU

Comment

Despite Alylum over zelous love of Alpine, it is a good point that stuff can be done with the extra DIN. For example Eclipse and Blaupunkt make a in dash six disk changer to fill the hole. Pioneer makes a nice Equalizer, and a cool eq/dsp that fits one DIN.
          And yes, flip up video for those who can't live without a TV!
          And I think folks besides Alpine even make the stuff now!
          David A. Cameron
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
          stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
          2004 Cooperworks Mini
          2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
          Sine Pari

Comment

yes but its inferior

Comment

If you really want something that looks like it belongs there, stick with the stock HU and add some equalizers and amps and stuff in for better sound quality.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                I dunno i just thought by some weird thought it would look better in the dash!! I mean the double din i was lookin at was a cd player with no tape player?? I dunno!!! I dont like a lot of space just sittin there!!!! I might shop around and see!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the info Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

processor, DVD player, equalizer, guages, etc. there are plenty of things to put in that space i wish i had a pic of the plexi glass panel i made. i mounted a 1/2 din clarion processor in a piece of plexi that filled the hole perfectly. above the processor i used my dremel to engrave the autotek "A" logo. i also drilled holes to mount the switches to turn on my amps. at first i just sanded down the front of the plexi and put some blue lights behind it, so the whole face glowed. then i painted the face black, so that just the A glowed. that looked really sweet

Comment

i wish i was creative like yall...

2000 White Protege LX
                  Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                  2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                  Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                  Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                  Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                  Kenwood Music Keg
                  Black Widow Keyless Entry
                  Intake- Custom SRI
                  Clear Corner Lights
                  APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

You could also use the space for extra gauges like in 1st MP3 in NH's ride when using a single din.
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                      You could also use the space for extra gauges like in 1st MP3 in NH's ride when using a single din.
                      Na I don't want to do anything like that, but i might do like asylum said and get a dvd player screen sumthin of that nature really is my idea!!! Thanks for all the help on the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X