Rob's machina de destruccion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lil build info on my 89 probe GT project. got car not running. block was seized until it met PB Blaster. then wouldn't start without a secret dance and password. found a bunch of things wrong such as cardboard phenolic spacers. ultimately i had 60 psi on each cylinder yet was able to make it run, whether by popstart or the ritual. car had brand new head, so i ruled that out. after running out of ideas i pulled the head with intentions of dissecting the engine, only to find out the bastich were warped. head bolts came right out with a crapsman 3/8 ratchet. had a whole donor engine that ran good, but for some reason removed the good head from it (which required my snapon breaker, a jack handle, and bloody knees holding the block), and put it on the block with glazed cylinders which was still in the car (seemed much quicker and easier at the time). Put it on the road and blew a spring from the clutch disk. fixed that and car began smoking on deceleration or while cruising low speed around town. since it wasnt a daily driver, i raced my friend until it blew and kept going, even made it home all the way to the last 500 ft. it crapped out about 3 miles from home at about 50mph, threw in neutral and would not start until i just threw it back into 4th.

So i put my tranny on acid, mated to a 90k engine and a t3 60 trim. i has pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MK1gGT-Rob; 11-05-2009, 11:21 PM.
    Originally posted by ragnarock01
    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

i really like legos, so i turned my car into legos.
    Attached Files
    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

this is my garage...
      Attached Files

Comment

had swivel and grind the dipstick tube and bracket until it cleared the turbine housing, then put an extra bend in the stick. Fit fine until I put the heat shield on the ex mani. Need to bend a different stick lower now. Also had to bend my ex mani gasket/ heat shield to clear the wastegate.
        Attached Files

Comment

ready to go in. this is all the pics i have for now, been driving it, have 250 miles on this incarnation, still attending to lil bull, and have to find a death wobble before it derails the train, but after a week of driving it, i've decide it has more power than i know what to do with. When I show somebody how fast it is, I give it half throttle so nobody (myself included) shats themself. not to mention the clutch needs burnishing still. twas not many miles on it, and then it sat for a few months...
          Attached Files

Comment

oh yea and dont hate on my paint and red interior. mad max paint FTW!! i also really enjoy the look on people's face when they realize they just got smoked by a car they were laughing at. Not to mention pretty colors are useless and expensive.

Comment

Nice work. What size is that downpipe? Its huge
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

Siiiiiiiiick. That's awesome.
                -'91 Festiva L
                -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

F2T's can be a lot of fun...

Comment

DP is 3" and all that is running as exhaust right now. i have a 3" to 2.5" conical reducer, now i need some band clamps a piece of straight pipe, and a piece of flex, mebbe a hiflow cat, but thats for tax time. Car has a 2.5" crush bent that I am going to hook into for now. VRS stainless is prolly in my future. Even with it open I get roughly 22mpg. Got about 300 miles on it at this point.

Anyway these pics are not the whole story. I don't have any pics of it back together yet. Driving is more fun than taking pics, lol, and I still have a lot of work to do, like finding my freakin death wobble that doesnt show up until 80 or 100.

Comment

Maybe tires or balancing, axles
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

looks like a nice dump pipe and nice work on the build .......
                        next time that f2t gives u the ****s throu an fe3 in there .... happy times

Comment

Turbo engine is Very powerfull. Very cool.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have two clips on your wiring harness around your distributor area that don't seem to go anywhere, do you?

What are you tuning with?

Comment

2 clips? plugs. send me a pic. right off the top of my head the BCS (boost control solenoid) has a plug that i don't use. it has a red wire w/ black strip and a tan wire w/yellow stripe?

As for tuning, I'm going by smell. jk. I am running the stock ecu with the fuel cut in place, so i can't exceed what it was designed for. I'm not finished yet. I have a 3" to 2.5" conical reducer, now i need a flex and about 4 feet of 2.5" pipe, then I can hook up my wideband. Once that is hooked up and I can monitor a/f ratio, I'll add pieces one at a time to see how they change my a/f ratio. those pieces being walbro 190, probinator chip, afpr, and some other crap i can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X