Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is psi rating rating between the bpt pump & bp pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is psi rating rating between the bpt pump & bp pump?

As the title state, what is psi rating rating between the bpt fuel pump & bp fuel pump? My bpt fuel pump stop working and i have a fuel bp from a bg Protege at my disposal and wonder if it could be used with the bpt.

people normally use the rx-7 fuel pump on the turbo cars...

Comment

you could use it ive been running a sohc fuel pump on my gtx setup when i had it and now on a gtr running 17# itll work
      94 Protege LX - GT-R powered on 17 psi - Spec stg 2 gtr clutch - KYB struts - Eibach springs- Steves FMIC kit - HKS shroom filter - Greddy type R BOV - Crappy exhaust - 8.5 wires - and HKS plugs

Comment

Originally posted by frozatch View Post
        you could use it ive been running a sohc fuel pump on my gtx setup when i had it and now on a gtr running 17# itll work
        Thats good to know as i am only be using it to move around until i can sort it out properly with a better pump.

Comment

I'd recommend upgrading to a Walbro anyway. The last thing you want to do is "think" it's ok, then end up detonating the motor to death because your pump can't keep up. Trust me, I've done this, and the Walbro makes a HUGE difference. Also, a wideband makes it easier to know if your fuel situation is ok. If you do it right, you'll only have to do it once.

Comment

Working...
          X