1.5 wire harness modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5 wire harness modification

Ok , I know that OCD wanted help on modifying the 1.5 harness to work, but his post was deleted by him for some reason , so I will post info here.

I have spent the last couple days researching what I did to make the 1.5 harness work with the BP. I could not post what I was doing because I didn't want to post wrong info.
    I am going to just give a basic explanation of what I did, but I will draw or make up a diagram with scanned images from my FSM's.

ok.
    Basically the 1.5 harness can be modified to work with a BP.
    1. You will need a partial BP harness.
    - this will have the plugs that connect into and around the throttle body, the MAF, the coolant sensor (have 2 double check), and around the disty.

2. You will need the MAF for the 1.8. The size difference is nuts lol. The 1.8 MAF allows for a lot more air to flow into the engine.
    The plug for the 1.5 MAF has 3 wires, the plug for the 1.8 MAF has 5 wires. The 2 extra wires have to be tied into both the front and rear O2 sensor wires. The O2 wires are located at apporx. the center of the harness and are a Gray thick wire. (I may pull my harness and take some photo's of this)(may). more on spliceing in on this when I scan the documents.

3. You need to run a wire for the VICS. The wire for the VICS is already in the wire harness ecu pinout. You just have to track down the wire as it is terminated in the harness (I have to double check this also). I also have to correct my VICS wireing.

4. You have to run an extra wire on the disty, (more on where this wire splices into when I get the diagrams up.

5. You need to install the 2nd O2 sensor somewhere after the cat. (I have yet to do this, but I will). Then you have to extend the wires to the O2 plug.

I actually used two books to get all the info, the chilton and the FSM that (theMAN) helped me get. I had actually forgot all the **** I did when I was wireing it up, but when I dipped my head in the books I started to remeber.

However, I will be supplying more detailed instructions soon, I just wish it was warmer outside so I could double check with my harness.. It's frigin freezing..

Anyone who wants to, you could actually send me the harness and I could modify it for you. You would have to contact me with more specifics though.
    Till the next post.

btw, please keep all questions and ramblings in this post, on topic or it will get edited (not deleted).
    thanks
    Bruce-out
    Last edited by bruce95fmla; 01-21-2004, 02:47 PM.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Here is the 2nd gen harness

i can't find out where in the FSM they show these plugs and what the wired do ....

and same with the GTR fusebox ...

help me ... please

- 95 323 Neo + GT-R ( http://323.a-spec.ca )
    - 90 Protege GT
    - 91 Protege 4WD
    - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

People please know that this guide is awesome. However it will not be the same for 97-98 models. Just keep that in mind.
      sigpic

Comment

black 91 GT ... ur photo's don't work at all..

host them on www.xpphotoalbum.com
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

91 GT. Do you have AOLIM? if so talk to me on it, my name is "mazdaboost". I think i can help you but im not quite sure of your problem
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X