PDA

View Full Version : MX-6/Probe wiring diagram.

Lex
11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
With ACS we'd like to expand our product line to capture some of the other Mazda power plants and offer Megasquirt PNP units.

In order to do this, I need wiring schematics.

I know the MX-6 and Probe came with the DOHC 2.5l V6. and the F2T in the turbo model.

I'd like wiring diagrams for these engines or better yet the entire FSM and possible year to year changes.

The more information the better.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Damkid
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
I know someone who has access to all kinds of wiring diagrams, tell me what year make model you want and i'll see what i can dig up

Mazdapower1
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
I've got a KLDE Engine diagram but its in pdf and I cant figure out how to post it up

chrmar
12-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Haha, oops. Just coming across this now...

MX-6/626 1genA wiring diagram: here (http://manuals.wibla.net/mazda/1989%20Mazda%20MX-6%20Wiring%20Diagram%20v3beta3.pdf) or here (http://www.mediafire.com/?wkjjxsxytki)

I think I have the 1genB wiring diagram on my other computer... once I get it up and running I'll link it up. :)

Damkid
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I got these wiring diagrams for a 94 probe GT, hope they help

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/damkid_photos/ProbeV6wiring1.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/damkid_photos/ProbeV6wiring2.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/damkid_photos/ProbeV6wiring3.jpg

monoxidechild
12-11-2009, 05:43 PM
keep in mind there are changes in the wiring. 89 f2t is alot different then the 90-92 f2t. the 93-94 2.5, 95 2.5, and 96-97 2.5 are all different with slight variations.

Damkid
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I assumed those diagrams i posted wouldn't cover every wiring harness available to the 2.5 but i hope they help in some way

monoxidechild
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
o, i didnt mean that towards you. was just giving lex a heads up so he knew better. ;)

now go work on the KLtiva so i can drool over some more pic's. :)

Damkid
12-11-2009, 09:06 PM
^^No offense taken lol and i just updated my thread again ;)

Lex
12-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up Patrick. Anything before 90 Mazda is different ... the 90-96 stuff is similar but changes slightly. Didn't know if this was the same for the KL series but it seems to be. Thanks again for the info.

As for the diagrams, thanks for those but unfortunately the resolution is too limited and I can't read the wire labels. Are they from the Mazda FSM?

Damkid
12-14-2009, 11:31 PM
I actually had a friend find the diagrams and email them to me, if you want me to email them to you (should come out clearer that way) just PM me your email

concealer404
02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Lex, don't take this the wrong way, but are these going to be cheaper than the units than diyautotune already offers, or will there be some other benefit?

I'm megasquirt stupid, so i may just be missing something here. Just wondering if you'll have something more to offer, since i'm definitely in the market with my MX6. :)

Lex
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Lex, don't take this the wrong way, but are these going to be cheaper than the units than diyautotune already offers, or will there be some other benefit?

I'm megasquirt stupid, so i may just be missing something here. Just wondering if you'll have something more to offer, since i'm definitely in the market with my MX6. :)

There's a big difference. I ship out a product that you plug in and turn the key. DIY ships out a product that you have to understand, assemble, solder, and setup.

In other words, with my kits all the homework is done for you. Some people prefer this, some people prefer to build things themselves.

concealer404
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
There's a big difference. I ship out a product that you plug in and turn the key. DIY ships out a product that you have to understand, assemble, solder, and setup.

In other words, with my kits all the homework is done for you. Some people prefer this, some people prefer to build things themselves.

Ah hah... that makes sense. So you'll ship it out already assembled, plug into stock harness, with base map already loaded. :)

Do you have an ETA or projected price for this?

I'm relatively good with an iron and i wasn't real scared about assembling their DIY PNP kit, and they've already got a base map available for download, but being that i'm a driver first, the less time i have to spend messing with the car, the better. :40oz: I just REALLY didn't want to mess with splicing into a wiring harness or it being mandatory to modify an ignition setup or anything of the sort, which is what's kept me from "squirting" in the past.

Lex
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah hah... that makes sense. So you'll ship it out already assembled, plug into stock harness, with base map already loaded. :)

Do you have an ETA or projected price for this?

I'm relatively good with an iron and i wasn't real scared about assembling their DIY PNP kit, and they've already got a base map available for download, but being that i'm a driver first, the less time i have to spend messing with the car, the better. :40oz: I just REALLY didn't want to mess with splicing into a wiring harness or it being mandatory to modify an ignition setup or anything of the sort, which is what's kept me from "squirting" in the past.

Price should be similar to the BP models that are sold in the vendor section.

As for ETA - not too sure at this moment as many thing are going on - I hope later this year. This is for the F2T I presume?

concealer404
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Price should be similar to the BP models that are sold in the vendor section.

As for ETA - not too sure at this moment as many thing are going on - I hope later this year. This is for the F2T I presume?

Yes, it's for an F2T. If you would have the capability to write a base map for my specific setup, i would buy you all the beer in the world. ;)

No but really, that part isn't a huge deal, i believe the main part would be just modifying the tune for the new injector size.

Will you be doing packages to delete the stupid VAF and going to a GM-style IAT instead or anything of the sort?

Lex
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes, it's for an F2T. If you would have the capability to write a base map for my specific setup, i would buy you all the beer in the world. ;)

No but really, that part isn't a huge deal, i believe the main part would be just modifying the tune for the new injector size.

Will you be doing packages to delete the stupid VAF and going to a GM-style IAT instead or anything of the sort?

Yes, that would be one of the options. Take a look at what is offered for the BP. We plan to offer more options in the future.

concealer404
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, will do! Thanks for putting up with me... this is all new to me. New car, never dealt with a VAF, Megasquirt, etc etc etc

Ok.. just saw the packages. That sounds perfect. :)

Lex
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Mod in this section please delete the above spam.

I have a few questions for the K8/KL gurus:

1. The K8 was used from 1991 to 1998? The 1996 and newer vehicles are OBD2. For the OBD1 years (1991-1995) is the engine wiring in the K8 kept the same or are there change? In other words would a harness from a 1991 K8 work on a 1995 vehicle?

2. Are the K8 and KLDE/ZE engine harnesses interchangeable?

3. Are the Probe and MX-6 KL harnesses interchangeable?

4. What years did the MX-6 and Probe make electrical changes that made them incompatible? Just after 1996?

5. What other cars used the KLDE and KLZE?

6. The 1.6L DOHC/SOHC MX-3 - do they have compatible engine harnesses with the BP?

I know these questions are probably best posted in the MX-6.com but we have some people that know this here as well.

Currently doing development on the Mazda V6 PNP MS and I want to get the years/engines/model and compatibility correct.

More wiring diagrams from different years would be of great help as well.

90prtege
10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Hey Lex did you get your hands on a probe FSM yet i could really utilize one if you did mainly 93 2.5

monoxidechild
10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
i know i have one for a 97 626. the 94 2.5 info posted on the 1st page im pretty sure is the same as the 93's

90prtege
10-03-2010, 04:34 PM
id really appreciate anything i can get, i keep blowing a fuse that makes no sense to me (meter fuse) on this fuse according to manual these run off that fuse back up lights, instrument cluster (gauges and dummy lights not the back lighting) rear window defroster switch indicator not the actual power to the defrost, power window switch illumination, power door lock switch illumination, keyless entry system, power antenna(my car doesn't have one) shift lock (don't have one manual trans) and speed control system the only time the fuse blows is when i hammer on the throttle and well HAHAHAHAHA thats not gonna stop happening

Lex
10-04-2010, 10:46 AM
The mx3 with the K8 has essentially the same wiring ... and I found the FSM as a torrent.