Bwahahaha-Bill scores again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahahaha-Bill scores again!!!!

I lost out on these 2 Ebay auctions the other day, the same guy was offering 2 front struts and 2 rear struts in seperate auctions. I bid but lost them both(I was pissed at the time too!) Well, he emailed me and offered me 2 sets (yes that's 8 struts) for $190!!! The guy's here in San Antonio also, so I didn't have to pay shipping.
    I just picked them up about an hour ago!!
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

What type of struts are they???
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

New stock replacement Gabriel gas struts, good enough for me!!
      '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

I saw the struts on Ebay a few days back. That's a nice score....I am sure that you will not have any problems finding a use of the extra set of sturts with all the Proteges you have.
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

The Project Pro needs a set, and I'm gonna keep the other set stashed. I may be on the prowl for another Pro after I sell the project. THat POS has become a money pit.
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

I saw those and contacted the guy who was selling them asking about the shipping if i bought both front and rear. he didn't get back to me in time for me to bid on them. However when i got his email i check on ebay and found me a better deal... 2 rear KYB GR-2's for $70.... can't beat that either
            Good find tho
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thats a good deal considering you have like 50 proteges lol,

Comment

that's a sweet deal! yeah for Bill!
                did you lose out even using a bid agent like eSnipe?

there are more, but this one has only failed me once but the message I got was no/slow response from eBay server, unable to complete bid by end of auction.
                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                -Dean
                2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                Injen CAI - Polished
                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                DaveB trim rings
                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

I don't use Esnipe or anything like that, I bid minimums because I was concerned that the seller was gonna be a prick and stick me for shipping, even though he's in the same town as me! Turned out to be a nice guy!!!
                  '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

that can happen. One time this guy in Dallas (same city) wouldnt let me purchase the item, b/c I didm't want to pay shipping. I told him I would come get it any time any place in dallas, and he retracted my bid and went to the second highest bidder.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

That's where alot of guys make extra $$$ is in charging too much shipping. When I'm selling on Ebay, and it's a large/heavy item, I always put in the ad; "shipping will be $XX and seller to refund unused shipping money". It's a win-win situation for the buyer, and I come out of it smelling like a rose!!
                      '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                        I don't use Esnipe or anything like that, I bid minimums because I was concerned that the seller was gonna be a prick and stick me for shipping, even though he's in the same town as me! Turned out to be a nice guy!!!
                        mmmm. dosen't walk like a rose....dosen't talk like a rose...but it smells like a rose...i'm confused :rofl:

You can still bid minimums with Esnipe. You enter a MAX bid that you want to pay and Esnipe bids in increments if/when your outbid. I've used it like twice, didn't win either auction cause my MAX bid was outbid, not the fault of Esnipe, just that it went over the MAX i wanted to pay. Sucks, cause both times was for Espec parts and both times i was outbid by less than 2 fricken dollars.

Comment

why would you use esnipe...
                          there is something like that already built into ebay ......
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

proxy bidding
                            Esnipe was around before that I believe
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                            X