1996 protege lx 1.5 SRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 protege lx 1.5 SRI

Should i get this short ram intake for my 1.5?

OR

should i get this customized euro plate for my protege?

let me kno plz. thanx.

No, those arn't rims on my car. they are 13'' steelies with the stock 8 spoke hubcaps spraypainted black (3x) and clear coated (3x)

heres a pic of my car

Last edited by k00lball3r; 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM.
    NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

obviously the intake..
    and btw.. this is a worklog section..if ur doing a build/project on your car..and u wanna note progress.
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Get the intake. But just so you know, I built my short intake for $60-$70 with parts from Autozone instead of paying $90 + shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
        Get the intake. But just so you know, I built my short intake for $60-$70 with parts from Autozone instead of paying $90 + shipping.
        Nice lights u got on ur car. are they hids or just bulbs? how'd u build ur intake for that cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by k00lball3r View Post
          Nice lights u got on ur car. are they hids or just bulbs? how'd u build ur intake for that cheap?
          It's an HID kit from xtralights.com. I love them. As for the intake, the parts are made by Spectre which I bought at Autozone. What I used was a 60* bend off the trottle body, a 6" stright piece and 2 couplers. 1 on the throttle body the other connecting the MAF to the 6" piece. Clamped the filter right onto the MAF. There's also another piece with 3 holes in it for sensors which I used for the IAT. Waste of money thogh because I had to drill one of the holes larger anyway. Might as well just drill the hole in the 6" piece and you're done.

Comment

It's an HID kit from xtralights.com. I love them. As for the intake, the parts are made by Spectre which I bought at Autozone. What I used was a 60* bend off the trottle body, a 6" stright piece and 2 couplers. 1 on the throttle body the other connecting the MAF to the 6" piece. Clamped the filter right onto the MAF. There's also another piece with 3 holes in it for sensors which I used for the IAT. Waste of money thogh because I had to drill one of the holes larger anyway. Might as well just drill the hole in the 6" piece and you're done.

i bought some headlight bulbs for my car, they are luminics ultra white 60/55w bulbs and i got H4 which is 9003. they should be here this week ill post before and after pics.

Comment

Came home from work 2day and i looked in the mailbox and the bulbs have arrived i was happy.

then was the real test, driving @ night..
              low beam before with sylvania silver star 60/55w

low beam after luminics ultra white 60/55w

high beam after luminics ultra white 60/55w

and the next pics arnt that good cause they were takin wit a cellphone while driving down a road but they are MUCH better than my old yellow lights

Comment

I'll take your word for it, they look extremely bright in the front pics.

Comment

Working...
                X