Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stock bg rpm signal and air meter wiring diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock bg rpm signal and air meter wiring diagram?

well i have a jaw 1.03 WB02,(go to 14point7.com for more info) after having it for over a year, i finally got around to installing it, i was and still use my ngk wb02 but i can't log off it.

well the jaw can datalog the afr,rpm and has two 0-5 volt inputs to log also.

the rpm signal can only be a 0-5 volt and not a 0-12 volt like most are,if its over the 5 volt it can ruin the jaw unit.
    you can build a simple circut with a resistor,capacitor and a zenor diaod to convert the signal to a 0-5 volt, which i did and just ran the wire from the yellow/blue wire off the coil i assume thats a 12 volt signal and did not want to risk ruining the jaw unit, it works with the circut but is slightly off
    (only about 200rpm off) compared to the stock tach, which i soppose is a little off anyway(stock tach).

i would rather splice into a wire coming off the ecu yellow plugs,and just get rid of the little circut i built anyway.
    so does anyone know of a 0-5 volt tach signal at the ecu?

also does anyone know or have the wiring diagram of the stock air meter, i want to log what the airmeter is doing/seeing.

i will also log tps and later will hook up a map sensor to log boost.

this is for my awd protege(winter dd) that is running a stock n/a bp with n/a cams, a crappy flowing logmanifold,gtr intake,.42/.48 t3,gtx ecu,n/a harness with 4 wire tps,rx-7 VAM, and 460cc injectors at 16-18 psi, the car runs remarkably well this way but is rich under boost,like 10's. if/when i get the logs i will post them for others to see,if there is interest.
    Last edited by ryan1; 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

well it looks like.
    rpm = 2E
    air meter input = 2O

does anyone know off hand if the rpm signal at that wire is a 0-5 volt or 0-12volt? if no responce i could check it tom.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

i'd check it tomorrow, last thing i'd want is someone to suggest a source and have it mess your unit up.

let us know how it goes, maybe we can all benefit off this, i know the jaw unit is affordable.

nice setup on the awd btw, post some pics!
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post

this is for my awd protege(winter dd) that is running a stock n/a bp with n/a cams, a crappy flowing logmanifold,gtr intake,.42/.48 t3,gtx ecu,n/a harness with 4 wire tps,rx-7 VAM, and 460cc injectors at 16-18 psi, the car runs remarkably well this way but is rich under boost,like 10's. if/when i get the logs i will post them for others to see,if there is interest.
        also the car has a walbro 255, 2 1/4 ic pipes,2 1/2 exh from turbo to tail,
        fmic(thunderbird supercoupe core, not the small turbocoupe t-bird)
        also the 460 injectors i just cleaned in a ultrasonic and flow them.
        5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

The shielded red wire - going to pin 2O - is the signal from the airflow meter potentiometer. LG/R is the constant voltage supply and B/LG is the ground line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
            The shielded red wire - going to pin 2O - is the signal from the airflow meter potentiometer. LG/R is the constant voltage supply and B/LG is the ground line.
            how about the rpm signal at 2E is that a 0-5 volt or a 0-12volt signal?
            when i check it yeasterday, there was not 12 volts, but i have heard its hard to try to check the rpm signal with a muilti-meter cause it can give you a false reading.
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Working...
            X