X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MazdaFamilia00? Don't buy from him!

DO NOT BUY FROM!!!!

Here's the long story:

10/10/03: He posted up that he had a set of clear corners (the diamond ones) for the '99 Protege. I sent him a PM that I was interested, and wanted to know shipping costs to Canada. He replied about 2 hours later, saying that it was gonna be about $8-9. (the cost of the corners were $25).

13/10/03: I didn't reply back, and he sent me another PM asking if I was still interested. I told him that I really didn't have the money at the time, and that I would pass on the awesome deal. He said that he would sell them for $25 shipped. I told him that I wouldn't pass it up (specially with the shipping included), so I agreed.

15/10/03: Send payment via paypal.

28/10/03: Didn't hear anything after the payment. I sent him a PM and asked him if he shipped them yet.

30/10/03: He replied saying, and I quote from the PM:

sorry, i usually surf protege5.com, then protegeclub.com, then clubprotege yeah i just shipped them sorry for delay i was waiting to get my new ones i will give u shipping info but again im so sorry for not coming here sooner.

Cool, no problem. They are shipped, and i'll wait for them.

10/11/03: Sent him another PM, asking if he knows how long the shipping will take. He replies back:

No, Im so sorry my car has been is shop for over 2 weeks for auto break in and transmission the lights are on the car. I should have it back by wednesday ull compensate you something by the way didnt u but my altezza tail lights. Plus i have all kinds of parts i waiting to put on. But again im sorry

I sent him a PM back saying I thought he shipped them on hte 30th? I told him to ship them on Wed. I said if he can't ship them by then with a confirmation #, then I would like a refund.

11/11/03: He replies back:

Oh yeah i see that i sent u the wrong email but doesnt help the situtation anyhow. But like i said car is shop waited for new ones so i can take off old ones but hopefully ill get it back today or tommorow ill ship them out like express mail or something

15/11/03: I send him a reply back:

What do you mean you "sent me the wrong email" ??
    You sent me a PM saying you shipped them. I don't see that as anything but a lie.
    Its now saturday, and I haven't heard anything.
    Please do me a favor and refund my money.
    Thank you.

17/11/03: I got a PM back from him, which said "ok".

19/11/03: I wrote him a PM back:

okay what?
    Please log into your paypal account and click on the transaction in which I sent you the $25, and refund that back to my account please.
    If I don't get a response by tomorrow, I will be contacting the site admin.

He replied back:

i have to send money order with tracking number i have no money in paypal it will go out tomorrow ill hit u up later dou have aol im? ill also send something extra for your worries

So sometime in December, I finally got the MO in the mail. I've received several before, from the oil caps I've send out, so I just took this one, and deposited it into my account. A few days later, I noticed on my online banking that the charge was reversed? WTH?

I called my bank, and they said the MO is no good, and they are sending it back to me.

29/12/03: I send him a PM telling him what has happened.

14/01/04: I finally got the MO from my bank, and sent him another PM. What I didn't notice, was that on the MO it says: negotiable only in the us. Ie: No good for me, since i'm in Canada.

I sent him a PM and told him to email me instead, because he hasn't replied to any of my PM's. I also used the send email link in these forums as well, but I haven't heard anything.

So now i'm out $25, and got no good MO in my hands. I've been wanting to send it back to the address of his that is on it, but I'd like to be able to confirm that is the right address, before sending it.
    Rip '99 Mazda Protege
    Current: Mazdaspeed6

If I were you I'd file a fraud complaint on PayPal against him.

Deadbeat sellers piss me off.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

hey guju, why don't you send it to someone in the US that you know, and have them cash it and then paypal the money to you?? You will lose out on the 3% paypal fee but at least it is something.
      2000 DX, Blue
      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Originally posted by mixmaster_matt
        hey guju, why don't you send it to someone in the US that you know, and have them cash it and then paypal the money to you?? You will lose out on the 3% paypal fee but at least it is something.
        I thought about that, but its made out to myself (ie: my name).

NegatiZE: Dunno why I didn't think of that. I'll do that today.
        Rip '99 Mazda Protege

Comment

Originally posted by Gujustud
          I thought about that, but its made out to myself (ie: my name).

NegatiZE: Dunno why I didn't think of that. I'll do that today.
          just double sign it, a lot of banks don't mind
          2000 DX, Blue
          Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
          2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

24/01/04: I haven't updated this in a while, but here's the latest. After posting the above, I finally got a PM from him saying:

"sorry i had to build a new cpu. But i just read your last 3 emails. So can i still cash it then get a canadian mo or something"

I told him to send me a new money order, and then only will I mail back his current MO which I still have. Yet no reply to this date. What a freaken moron.
            Rip '99 Mazda Protege

Comment

it pisses me off that one of teh best sellers on here in my opinion (guju <3, make us some bat ties and otehr caps) gets dicked around by this little turd.
              Visit My Garage

Comment

Working...
              X