Integra GSR vs. 323 bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra GSR vs. 323 bp

Well, there aint story to tell yet cuz the race is going to be on Saturday morning.

A friend of mine has been buggin me to race himw/ my 323 vs his integra gsr w/ headers, intake and exhaust. i raced him on the freeway and yes he beat me but its wasnt that far when he pass me it was like him creepin on my side unlike the civic ex that i used to have when i raced the gsr he hell smoked me. anyways im about to raced this guy this saturday cuz im curious too of how my car would go hopefully i will be able to give him a hard to time before he pass me....

the race is gonna be a 1/4 mile race w/ full interior and street tires. once the race is done i will let u guys no wut happen. wish me luck peace!
    Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 01-22-2004, 08:09 PM.

Good luck!!! Dang a Integra GSR....looks like he should have had some car lengths when he raced u??? I've seen an integra kill a 323 before , but i dunno what the guy had with his GSR!!!!!!! Can't wait to see ur results man!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And SMILE the while time!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

thx cant wait till saturday... this race is not about ego n **** just want to see the difference between the 2 cars in hp, trq, weight of the car etc... but if my friend messed up or if i do mess up on my shifting we'll have to re do it again it has to be perfect race not bcuz he messed up then call the winner no! i want to see the difference how far his car is going to take mine and on wut gear. w/ that i can find out wut i need to upgrade on my 323....thx again peace!

Comment

redline it babby
        balls out the window all the way ..
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well goodluck, dont hold back man, power shift the crap outa your ****, lol.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

right now its raining outside and wut i've heard on the forecast its going to rain until Sunday. If tomorrow morning it stops raining and the road is dry then for sure we'll do it but if not then i guess we'll have to wait...

Comment

get a really good launch. V-Tec is going to be a biatch to over come in the higher rpms. best of luck and think fast and light.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I am very interested to see how the 323 with the BP will do against the GTR. I am working on my project 32DA3, which is similar to 1ofdfew, aside from mine may use a G tranny with a F 5th gear set up.
                This is ofcourse if I don't frigin decide to just use the F..
                Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

we haven't have time to race it since he works grave yard and i work day shift. Anyways im using the stock tranny of the sohc 323 motor. In my experience the sohc tranny is very good for drag or autox cuz of the close ratio but on the freeway its no good. Anyhow i drove my friends rsx types w/ hondata ECU, headers, intake, no cat, hks muffler and damn! that **** is fast men! the stock redlines at 8k but since he got the hondata it redlines at 8.800k rpm the rsx feels like its got 2 vtec on hits a 4-5.8k rpm and the other hits at 7.1k too 8k rpm. on the 2nd time it hits the car torqued steer on the right...

I let them test drove my car and they were surprise how hard mine pulls on the 2k rpm they said mine is hella torqueee i told 'em its the gear ratio. after they test drove my car they keep buggin me wut kind of engine i got and where i got it from. When i told em its from a sedan pro they were like whuuttt????......... i said yes but i think they still dont believe me.

vtec pulls at 4-5k rpm and mine pulls at 2.500 rpm.......

Comment

yeah your right about the gearing. The gearing in my 323 feals a bit different than the gearing in my Protege. I would have to check the FAQ (TheMan) to see if there is any difference. My only constraint at this point is funding to get the G tranny,flywhee,and axles. I have to go out to the big junkyard out in PA and see if they have any out there. I heard the stuff in there junkyards go pretty damn cheap.
                    If I can get the tranny for cheap then everything else is pretty much a cinch. I also want to put a decent clutch in the 323 also.

-----
                    Yeah I was talking to Nim about his RSX, he has the hondatta also ... it's nuts to have a 8800 frugin redline. That must be super awesome.
                    I wish we had something like that for our cars, But it seems like our motors respond more to boost than being a high reving car like the honda motors.
                    But damn 8800 ,, jeez.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

what are your mods?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        yeah your right about the gearing. The gearing in my 323 feals a bit different than the gearing in my Protege. I would have to check the FAQ (TheMan) to see if there is any difference. My only constraint at this point is funding to get the G tranny,flywhee,and axles. I have to go out to the big junkyard out in PA and see if they have any out there. I heard the stuff in there junkyards go pretty damn cheap.
                        If I can get the tranny for cheap then everything else is pretty much a cinch. I also want to put a decent clutch in the 323 also.

-----
                        Yeah I was talking to Nim about his RSX, he has the hondatta also ... it's nuts to have a 8800 frugin redline. That must be super awesome.
                        I wish we had something like that for our cars, But it seems like our motors respond more to boost than being a high reving car like the honda motors.
                        But damn 8800 ,, jeez.
                        From what I have read off of theMan's site the G series has a final drive around 2.96 or so. The F series has an awesome final drive of 4.1 or so. What I want to do is take the F series gears, have them straight cut and shot peened then put them into the G series casing. G series strength with the final drive of F series.

I do know that the JDM G series has the same 4.1 final drive. I believe braden had one of these for sale a while back. Might ask him.

This is all from what I have read off of theMan's site.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                          From what I have read off of theMan's site the G series has a final drive around 2.96 or so. The F series has an awesome final drive of 4.1 or so. What I want to do is take the F series gears, have them straight cut and shot peened then put them into the G series casing. G series strength with the final drive of F series.

I do know that the JDM G series has the same 4.1 final drive. I believe braden had one of these for sale a while back. Might ask him.

This is all from what I have read off of theMan's site.

What? The tranny that's in 1ofdfew323's 323 was off the 1.6L, which had a final drive of 4.11. The 1.8L SOHC has a final drive of 3.62. The 1.8L DOHC (G-series) has a final drive of 4.11.

P.S., you can get a 4.833 final drive from Mazda Motorsports, it's only like $2800 or something. Haha
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ok i always get this mixed up ... for my reference.... is it
                            the lower the final drive ratio number the longer the gears
                            or is it the lower the final drive ratio number the shorter the gears??

im looking for the longest gear combo between the F and G series transmissions...

i've got a LX G series tranny and a 323 SOHC 1.6 tranny F series

heres what i would like to do....

LX 1st-3.307
                            LX 2nd-1.833
                            DX? (F5M-R) 3rd -1.290
                            DX? (F5M-R) 4th -0.918

well from what i have read and concluded here .... the 88-92 626 5th gear is the one to use....

88-92 626 5th-0.717
                            90-94 323 5th-0.731
                            90-94 LX 5th-0.795

LX reverse -3.166

these are all specs from a factory repair manual from 1990
                            the manual says that the b6 SOHC (323 motor) transmission is the same as the 1.8l SOHC trans so i should be ok there... thus meaning i can get the gears from my 323 and start having them swaped over.
                            i'll want to throw new syncro's in with the works.

how is final drive ratio arrived at ??? is that just the differential? and how many teeth are on it?
                            Last edited by FE3-323; 01-28-2004, 02:04 PM.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I think I may only change the 5th gear in my cars. But I will use the F 5th gear.
                              No sense in paying for a 626 gear when I already have something similar laying around.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X