PDA

View Full Version : H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Pages : [1] 2 3

FE3-323
12-11-2008, 03:15 AM
PAYMENT IS DUE!!!! GET YOUR PAYMENTS IN!!!

PrivateMessage Mfactory (http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=11685) for more details on payment

This Thread only applies to: 88-92 probe, mx6, 626 (turbo 4 cyl only)/90-92 probe LX's with the 3.0 H type transmissions.

similar in line to the current G series group buy through Mfactory Im striking a thread to see who's all interested in a H type helical LSD.

the price for the G type was $325/$325(deposits)=$650USD(total) you can expect the H type to be roughly in the same region as not much @ all is changed from the G type design.

according to chats with stephan of Mfactory, with enough interest for the H type i can mail in a sample & continue from there. 10 people will make it possible!!!!

i'll start a list.

bpt323- deposit paid**
casejunkie- deposit paid**-------
chief tool- Paid In FULL***
inspector_24
ragnarock01- Paid In FULL***
monoxidechild- Paid In FULL***
chino9656-------
csoehn- Paid In FULL***

spoolz- Paid In FULL***
tault- deposit paid**-----------
ovenmittgt-------
MK1gGT-Rob- Paid In FULL***
90blacktx-------------
jesiotrot- Paid In FULL***
lundgren420-------------
txxx-5- Paid In FULL***
MazdaTurbo.dk- deposit paid**----------
shogunape- Paid In FULL***
gavin--------
gbilski- Paid In FULL***
MANTISX69-----------
rbluemx6----------------

Post or PM me if you are interested & can afford to join this group buy with a $325 deposit when we reach our 10 interested goal.

casejunkie
12-11-2008, 03:39 AM
I'm in!
For one maybe two sets, depending when we have to pay and my financial situation on that time!

chief tool
12-11-2008, 05:47 AM
I am definitely in for one, and same as above could be up for a second depending on the timing and the shape of the $AUD.

Inspector 24
12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm already in for the G series buy for the autocross car, and my brother and I each have a 1st gen MX6 that could use it :)

Put me down for two. :)

Ryan

ragnarock01
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Yup, me am Ryan's brother. Put me down as well for one since it'd be great to get a good LSD.

FE3-323
12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
^ so 1 for each of you then?

monoxidechild
12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
the 90-92 probe LX's with the 3.0 also used a H-Type trans. thats another selling point.

post this up on performanceprobe and mx6.com. not probetalk though. they will come down hard on you if your not a authorized vender.

and im intrested. very. i now need to save some dough real quick. :)

chino9656
12-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Count me in on one! (I'm from performanceprobe/mx6.com)

csoehn
12-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi there, from performanceprobe.com/mx6.com

this is the best news ive heard in a long time.....

i am definatly in for one H-type...$ in hand....im almost tempted to buy 2 of them....is there a deal if i do??

can they break?? or can you transfer them over to any trans if you happened to blow up your trans

does this need machine work to be installed or can it just be dropped in or whats the scoop

once i get more details i'll gladdly paypal a deposit

FE3-323
12-11-2008, 07:28 PM
link away to other forums folks... then relink them in this thread. lets get some interest gathered :)

FE3-323
12-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi there, from performanceprobe.com/mx6.com

this is the best news ive heard in a long time.....

i am definatly in for one H-type...$ in hand....im almost tempted to buy 2 of them....is there a deal if i do??

can they break?? or can you transfer them over to any trans if you happened to blow up your trans

does this need machine work to be installed or can it just be dropped in or whats the scoop

once i get more details i'll gladly paypal a deposit

It will be a drop in item, minimal if any filing MAY be needed & thats a big if. nothing you couldn't handle yourself tho

We arent' taking deposits yet- so hold onto your wallet.
there is no discount on multiples- its cheap compared to the previous guru(only other helical i know of made for the H type[no longer made]) & compared to hybriding a G type quaife.

anything can break- however these have been tested designs by M factory used in 900WHP hondas & other various applications.

Yes you can transfer them from trans/trans
I will link this thread to Mfactory(stephan) so he may give input as well

Besides that, feel free to review the G type helical group buy for some information, as most G type pertaining is similar to the H type

csoehn
12-11-2008, 10:19 PM
okay thanks for answering my questions, they were kind of obvious i guess but i just wanted to make sure

i have a fresh rebuilt H-type transmission that is cryo-treated....BUT it has a Phantom Grip "LSD" which i have my doubts about....and seeing as the spyder gears fell inside during shipping i have to take it apart....so this will be perfect...i can put in a real LSD now and not have to worry about the PG failing me

d0zxmustang
12-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Hi, im d0zxmustang from performanceprobe.com, and mx6.com...

I too am in for a H-type LSD. Please add me to the list....

I have a 400 HP F2T engine build in the progress, and I deffinatly need one of these in my trans..

Please keep us up-to-date and guys lets PLEASE MAKE THESE POSSIBLE!!!

Thanks!

FE3-323
12-12-2008, 03:22 AM
^ you've been added. seems your a bit antsy on pushing for production. i understand everyone on the list wants one & pretty badly. but please have patience. i have sincere dedication for 1 per each user on the list. above that is not set in stone- please also understand that.

Mfactory will be producing these just to clairfy not me personally

d0zxmustang
12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
^ you've been added. seems your a bit antsy on pushing for production. i understand everyone on the list wants one & pretty badly. but please have patience. i have sincere dedication for 1 per each user on the list. above that is not set in stone- please also understand that.

Mfactory will be producing these just to clairfy not me personally

HAHA sorry man, didnt mean to come off like that....just get excited when new stuff "possibly" becomes avalible....

I completely understand this is still under development and produced by third party....But at least the list is up to 9 now....

spoolz
12-12-2008, 11:28 AM
count me in for 1

Tault
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm from Performanceprobe.com too. I drive a 1990 Probe LX with the 3.0 Vulcan V6 and an H type tranny. Put me down for one of these. Differentials are hard to find for us and great upgrades for my engine are scarce so this is a great opportunity

Ovenmittgt
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Count me in,

Mx6/Performanceprobe

d0zxmustang
12-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I think we now have ten :)

MK1gGT-Rob
12-12-2008, 02:16 PM
ME too ME too. I'm in. Do we need somebody to provide a diff? I have one out, but its missing the guts. I suppose I could take the one from my spare tranny (since I'm going to have to remove it anyway to put the LSD in!!! :D:D

FE3-323
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
^ lol yup. more are welcome! the more the merrier
list is updated

FE3-323
12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
yes, me or another volunteering member will have to ship the stock differential & ring gear. its an overseas location for the R&D facility , thats the only downside shipping isn't cheap. Well worth the end result tho :)

ragnarock01
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm glad this has gotten more attention! If it is going to be a drop-in application that's even better, since I would rather pay a pro for the install/rebuild than try and do it myself. So def keep us updated, and thanks!

therieldeal
12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
for the G series group buy i simply took donations to cover the shipping charges for the samples. it really doesn't cost THAT much... $5 from each person would more than cover it. a diff with ring gear should fit in a USPS priority flat rate box and be under the weight limit.

monoxidechild
12-12-2008, 03:12 PM
yes, me or another volunteering member will have to ship the stock differential & ring gear. its an overseas location for the R&D facility , thats the only downside shipping isn't cheap. Well worth the end result tho :)

while your here on sunday, mention the diff to me. i have a H series diff just sitting in the garage right now. :) you can take it back with you.

here's the post i put up on PERFORMANCEPROBE.com. looks like we got alot of intrest in just one day!

http://www.performanceprobe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30611

:piss:

FE3-323
12-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I actually have 3 H type diff's already ;) 2 4.10 ratio & one 3.85 ratio ;) can you guess what im up too ;)

chief tool
12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
I have been trying to get my hands on a 3.85....but its not that easy here we never got the vulcan engine or the 1G probe in this country. I am not I am going to sink too much time and effort into doing it, but I was thinking about trying to source one to go in at the same time as fitting an LSD.

Where is the R&D facility ? maybe we can get someone nearby to drop in the parts ?

I have a H-type diff in pieces, I sold the spider gears out of it tho.

FE3-323
12-12-2008, 06:19 PM
its in hong kong.

jesiotrot
12-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Man this took off quick! I might post it in the Aus section on mx6.com too.

MFactory
12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the late response to this thread. Currently on a business trip.

Have been discussing with bpt323 and he will be getting an oem diff out to us asap. I think the shipping costs for the G-Series worked out to be around $40 ($80 in total as they sent two to us), so should only work out around $3-4 if you guys split it between you :)

From our discussion, it would seem that the H-Series is very similar dimensions to the G-Series, so I will extend the same Pre-Order Special to you H-Series Guys. Just a recap (If you Pre-Order before the Prototype is ready for testing):

- $325/$325 (Total $650. Retail will be $649.95 + shipping. The 5 cents are my wages :p haha)
- No PayPal Fee
- Free Shipping
- Free Ring Gear Bolts
- Free Diff Bearings

That's around $200 worth of Freebies :)

monoxidechild
12-13-2008, 02:16 AM
sweet mother jesus.....

cant wait to abuse your product good sir! (please dont take offense) :)

d0zxmustang
12-13-2008, 02:54 AM
Great!

So does this mean we are going forward with the H-type?

When can we start sending deposits? I want to get in before the prototype to get my freebies! LOL! :)

bpt323, PM us on the list your paypal so we can get the shipping cost pm'd to ya...$5 a person???

90blacktx
12-13-2008, 03:06 AM
ooo ooo got a link from tx5club.co.nr put me down for one i have the money ready and waiting!

jesiotrot
12-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Put me down for one too Ryan!

FE3-323
12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
15 so far!!!!! can we hit 20??

(stephan)Mfactory i've sent you another PM

I'll dig up my H type diff here & see about a box for it :)

FE3-323
12-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Paypal donations for shipping the differential go to bpt323@gmail.com

from here on out, please PM (Mfactory) for payment details. Do not post any paypal address he gives you within the thread please. this will prevent unorganized payments & keep things neat/tidy.

Mfactory & each member should PM me once payment/deposit has been made so i may mark you on the list accordingly.

Thank you everyone for making this come to life!

Lundgren420
12-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I am deff in. If only this would have happened before i stuffed the tranny in last summer. Oh well i cant wait to see some progress.

Also I sent you 15 bucks to help get that thing shipped off. Later man

d0zxmustang
12-13-2008, 11:49 PM
$10 sent your way for shipping, bpt323!

txxx-5
12-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey guys, I'm also from tx5club.co.nr. I would also like to be on the pre-order list for one!
Cheers =D

FE3-323
12-14-2008, 05:37 AM
list is updated, to those who've contributed towards shipping you know who you are... Thank you!

MK1gGT-Rob
12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I am deff in. If only this would have happened before i stuffed the tranny in last summer. Oh well i cant wait to see some progress.Don't feel too bad, I will be changing my clutch next weekend, knowing full well, that I'll have this in my hands in a few months.

Gonna paypal $5 in a minute here. I will show up as roofdoof in paypal.

d0zxmustang
12-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Don't feel too bad, I will be changing my clutch next weekend, knowing full well, that I'll have this in my hands in a few months.

Gonna paypal $5 in a minute here. I will show up as roofdoof in paypal.

LOL :roll:

MazdaTurbo.dk
12-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi Ryan

I am in for 2 too.

Tault
12-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I sent 5 bux for shipping, so good to see this off the ground. hopefully the probe community can do this for some other things we would like!

csoehn
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
$5 sent to help cover shipping

im debating whether or not to buy 2 of these do-dads

mx6gtboi
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Im in, I have a 91 MX6 GT with a Precision BB turbo, and this would definately come in handy!!! Whom do I send the paypal payment to, and when is the expected development/shipping date for this product. Thanks!

FE3-323
12-15-2008, 03:24 AM
20 counted & more to come im sure!

^^ please PM Mfactory per details on payment, when you have paid,PM me & please have Mfactory confirm this so i may check you off the list as paid.

csoehn
12-15-2008, 02:01 PM
PM sent to Mfactory about deposit, i will be sending my deposit when he responds with details.

FE3-323
12-15-2008, 06:17 PM
:bubbrubb:

csoehn
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
$325 desposit paid to MFactory

FE3-323
12-17-2008, 12:22 AM
noted & confirmed!!!

MFactory
12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey guys, if you wish to jump in on this Pre-Order, please PM me for payment details :)

FE3-323
12-19-2008, 02:04 AM
boxed up the H type stock diff!!! its going out tomorrow!!!
took me awhile to get the ring gear seperated but all went well :biggrin:

FE3-323
12-19-2008, 02:06 AM
Get your deposits in folks!!! this is going to happen @ a lightening rate of speed.

jesiotrot
12-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Ha ha how did you go gettin the ring gear off? Easy?

FE3-323
12-19-2008, 04:16 AM
a mild pain to get the ring gear off... but it wasn't horrible. i've done alot worse projects

monoxidechild
12-19-2008, 06:36 AM
a lathe is your best route. i had a bitch of a time getting the ring gear off my old roommates diff to install on his quaif. but worth the work!!

FE3-323
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
i managed with a drillpress & 2 sizes of bits. one smal for a pilot hole & a larger one to drill close or same size as the rivet core. once i drilled all 12 i used a hand sledge & a chisel to knock the heads off. pounded the rivets out with another bolt & presto. the ring gear did take some mild coaxing to come off too. but nothing too out of the ordinary. i've got 3 more ring gears to do after this :eyes: 3.85 , another 4.10 & a G series 4.10 LSD's here we come~!

jesiotrot
12-19-2008, 08:49 AM
i managed with a drillpress & 2 sizes of bits. one smal for a pilot hole & a larger one to drill close or same size as the rivet core. once i drilled all 12 i used a hand sledge & a chisel to knock the heads off. pounded the rivets out with another bolt & presto. the ring gear did take some mild coaxing to come off too. but nothing too out of the ordinary. i've got 3 more ring gears to do after this :eyes: 3.85 , another 4.10 & a G series 4.10 LSD's here we come~!

Wow thats a brilliant idea, how did you think of that?!?!

Tault
12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
i know nothing about how to install a diff. the ring gear is actually riveted on? but we're getting bolts to put it back on right?

chief tool
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow thats a brilliant idea, how did you think of that?!?!

Yeah, I used your write up on how to install the guru, and I did the same thing as ryan, wasn't too hard, I was expecting the rivets to be made out of harder steel than they were....It was quite easy to drill them out.

The only thing I have had trouble doing is getting the speedometer gear off, the bearing thats in front of it is a pain, I dont have the right bearing puller.

The one I have I could use to get the rear bearing off (not that you need to) but there isnt enough room to get the legs in between the gear and the bearing.

it might just be easier to get a new speedometer gear from mazda (assuming theyre still available).

FE3-323
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
^correct tault! Mfactory is suppling bolts to secure the ring gear back to the LSD.
the stock differential went out today. it'll arrive next week!!

jesiotrot
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I used your write up on how to install the guru, and I did the same thing as ryan, wasn't too hard, I was expecting the rivets to be made out of harder steel than they were....It was quite easy to drill them out.

The only thing I have had trouble doing is getting the speedometer gear off, the bearing thats in front of it is a pain, I dont have the right bearing puller.

The one I have I could use to get the rear bearing off (not that you need to) but there isnt enough room to get the legs in between the gear and the bearing.

it might just be easier to get a new speedometer gear from mazda (assuming theyre still available).

I was also quite surprised at how soft they were. I originally took mine to a engineering workshop and asked them to get them out, i was told they would be impossible to get out because they are hardened steel, I argued that they cannot be harden steel because they are clearly pressed in, I don't think you can squash hardened steel like that. So I just took to mine with a 24v cordless drill. Nice sharp drill bit went through it like butter.

Easier to go get a new speedo drive gear from mazda/ford, they are still available and was $36 last time i bought one.

MK1gGT-Rob
12-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Drilling out rivets is ingenuity? Its common practice in a body shop. What am I missing here?

Anyway, this bulk buy is moving quicker than my paychecks, so I am going to have to drop off the list. I thought I would have until MidJanuary to get my deposit together. Sorry.

MFactory
12-21-2008, 10:16 AM
You do still have time to get the deposit together. We've not even received the sample yet, nevermind making the prototype for testing.

monoxidechild
12-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Drilling out rivets is ingenuity? Its common practice in a body shop. What am I missing here?

these rivets are about 1/4 inch thick. quite a bit different then the smaller automotive chasis one's.

FE3-323
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
as M factory stated. there is plenty of time to get your deposit in. no need to drop out of the race quite yet!

MK1gGT-Rob
12-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Ok, sorry. I started getting nervous when somebody said this is lightning fast. I am currently trying to find ways to pull money from my arse, and I think I have a couple things going that will help. Not worried about the final pay, 'cause I can cover that with my tax return. Anybody have an idea on the deposit deadline?

Question: I saw new bearings in the parts list. Does that mean I'm going to have to preload the assembly and make the right shim, or is that only with the gearshafts?

chief tool
12-22-2008, 12:02 AM
The deposit deadline will be similar to the G-type bulk buy in so far as when the prototype is complete, thats when deposits close (MFactory can correct me if I am not quite right)

The prototyping doesnt start until we have 10 deposits, so its a two edged sword.

As for the shims, yes, you'll have to do the whole bearing pre load thing. I dont think shims are going to be supplied, just the bearings.

I have discovered a place that does rebuild kits, bearings, syncros and seals for the H-type over at driveline.com (NV) I forgot to ask them about shims, but I would assume that they would be in the kit seeing as how it includes bearings...

But i'll have to check now. Pretty sure you cant buy them from Mazda anymore but I could be wrong.

jesiotrot
12-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Mazda Australia still has them all in stock, there is about 20 different thickness shims. At least they did when i was doing my guru install earlier this year.

therieldeal
12-22-2008, 07:26 AM
i'm sure getting the shims wont be an issue.

also, as long as you are using a matched case, your stock shims should be pretty damn close. i had to reshim when i put my quaife in because i used a bellhousing from one trans and a rear housing from another.

chief tool
12-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Deposit paid.......

MFactory
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Confirmed, thanks :)

FE3-323
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Updated!!! 2 deposits in so far :biggrin:

Tault
12-22-2008, 05:14 PM
my deposit will be in this friday... cross my heart and hope to die

casejunkie
12-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Ok, sorry. I started getting nervous when somebody said this is lightning fast. I am currently trying to find ways to pull money from my arse, and I think I have a couple things going that will help. Not worried about the final pay, 'cause I can cover that with my tax return. Anybody have an idea on the deposit deadline?

You are not the only one.

I would like to order 2 sets but I will have the money at the end of january. This is 1 thing I always wanted for my GV and now I have a GD with F2T so I want 2

FE3-323
12-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Tault- you've been updated -mfactory confirmed your deposit :)

shogunape
12-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi guys,
Please put me down for one as well!

FE3-323
12-27-2008, 08:25 PM
^^ Your on the list iggy

chief tool
12-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Got a little bored yesterday, So I decided to see if I could get the speedometer gear off the open diff centre without the right bearing puller, or damaging the diff or plastic gear......

So I cut through the bearing cage with and angle grinder, then I carefully ground the centre of the bearing parallel to the shaft. Once I ground the bearing thin enough it cracked the full length, I tapped it off side to side using a hammer and drift pin

Here are the results

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/inspector72/car%20stuff/shavedbearingsmall.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/inspector72/car%20stuff/diffsmall.jpg

Its a bit hard to see in the photo, but there is a tiny line down the surface where the bearing presses on, which is a bit hard to see, a crack opened up in the bearing when I had ground it thin enough, which was what I wanted to do, but suprisingly the crack in the bearing left a corresponding mark on the diff....I removed the raised part with 400 paper....so its probably re useable (not that I am going to)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/inspector72/car%20stuff/speedometergearsmall.jpg

The prize!

not that its really worth doing for the cost of a new gear....but it didnt take that long either.....if your handy with an angle grinder, you can save $36!

FE3-323
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
$36 for a speedo gear huh.... whats the mazda part number......

MazdaTurbo.dk
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Mazda part number for the Speedo gear is G501-17-341A. Part shared with the G-type tranny.

MazdaTurbo.dk
12-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I am I right the spareparts for the H-type tranny no longer avaliable from Mazda?
Need a few parts for make my tranny ready for the LSD

chief tool
12-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Apparently the parts are not available in the US from Mazda, you might be lucky as we are that some stuff is still available....

I did find a place that does a rebuild kit in the US, http://www.drivetrain.com/

These guys stock a rebuild kit containing all bearings seals and synchro rings for $400 USD.

MazdaTurbo.dk
12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Already checked in Denmark.. But since we are only 3 with a MX6 gt here... Also checked for Probe.
What I primary need is :
H501-17-402B Shift fork 1.st & 2nd.
But would also like to change the 1nd & 2nd clucth hub :
H501-17-281D
H501-17-262 x 3
H501-17-263 x 2

If anyone knows where I still can purchase these it would be a big help

ftjandra
12-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Already checked in Denmark.. But since we are only 3 with a MX6 gt here... Also checked for Probe.
What I primary need is :
H501-17-402B Shift fork 1.st & 2nd.
But would also like to change the 1nd & 2nd clucth hub :
H501-17-281D
H501-17-262 x 3
H501-17-263 x 2

If anyone knows where I still can purchase these it would be a big help

www.onlinemazdaparts.com still shows them, so they might still exist in the US.

--Ferdi

Tault
12-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I did find a place that does a rebuild kit in the US, http://www.drivetrain.com/

These guys stock a rebuild kit containing all bearings seals and synchro rings for $400 USD.

I found their master rebuild kit but where are the syncros? i need a 2nd gear syncro.

chief tool
12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
From what I can tell they dont sell them separately....I could be wrong, maybe drop them an email.

But there is a school of thought that says if your going to go to the trouble of opening the box, you might aswell replace the lot.

There maybe other places around that do sell them, I only found this place from information given to me by someone else who had their gearbox rebuilt there. Up until then i had only heard stories from people saying that the part were not available.

MFactory
01-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Received the H-Series Sample. Thx!

Just need a few more deposits in and we can get the ball rolling :)

MK1gGT-Rob
01-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Still collecting cash...

FE3-323
01-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Glad you got the sample!!!

lets get some deposits coming in guys! i want to see this happen!
6 more to go & we can start prototyping & production soon after :biggrin:

d0zxmustang
01-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Mine will be there shortly...in about two weeks now thats christmas has past and i have my bank account straightened back out!

casejunkie
01-06-2009, 06:41 AM
within 1 or 3 weeks my deposit will follow!

MFactory
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
shogunape: Payment Confirmed :)

FE3-323
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
list is updated! Mfactory my deposit is sent

FE3-323
01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Bump for deposits!!!!! lets make this happen

Inspector 24
01-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I've got my deposit in for a G-type unit...While I fully intend to get a H-Type as well I've got to wait a little bit to put my deposit in the pool :)

But believe me, I need the H as much as the G!!

Ryan

jesiotrot
01-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I just went to pay for mine in full then, but the Aussie dollar had gone down to 64US cents, it was at 72 the other day. So i'm waiting a few days to see if it goes back up a bit.

chief tool
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I just went to pay for mine in full then, but the Aussie dollar had gone down to 64US cents, it was at 72 the other day. So i'm waiting a few days to see if it goes back up a bit.

its come back up a bit : http://www.xe.com/

I ended up doing the transaction at about 69cents.....I reckon it'll hover around 65-70 for a while.....so I wouldn't hold your breath. Plus I think paypal is about 1 day behind, so you cant capitalise on spikes in the currency.

If I were you i'd just put down half now, IMO the currency has a better chance of going up than down in 3months.

Tault
01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
this is taking forever. after tax returns nobody better have any excuses.

FE3-323
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
honestly, i would of figured with all of the interest we had initially found people would be more motivated to get this off of the ground.
the G type LSD prototype has been made.
see the pic below for an idea whats in the future.

jesiotrot
01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
honestly, i would of figured with all of the interest we had initially found people would be more motivated to get this off of the ground.
the G type LSD prototype has been made.
see the pic below for an idea whats in the future.

You have to remember we started this group buy two weeks before christmas, a time of year where not everyone has extra money to throw around. I expect more people to pay in the next 2-3 weeks.

d0zxmustang
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
You have to remember we started this group buy two weeks before christmas, a time of year where not everyone has extra money to throw around. I expect more people to pay in the next 2-3 weeks.

Werd...

taxes will be here in a few weeks...peoples deposits will start coming in (includeing mine)...

FE3-323
01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
:) sounds good

Inspector 24
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Ditto on the deposits, it's coming. Though do we really need to hurry?? How long will it realistically be until Mfactory will be able to handle the H-Type diffs, the G-Type list is HUGE!! And I'd much rather let them take their time rather than trying to rush a bunch of product to market :)

FE3-323
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
being as the design is super similar id guess it won't be much of an issue for mfactory

once we hit 10 deposits they will actually start taking this project on hand & begin to make a prototype. but again there isn't a hurry that im aware of

txxx-5
01-17-2009, 07:39 PM

I agree, I'd say this group buy will be looking a lot healthier in a couple of weeks when people catch up with the holiday period, me included.

mx6gtboi
01-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Im still very interested. Im pretty sure my deposit can be in next week for sure.

What I would like to know is, what is the extensiveness in terms of transmission modifications needed to make this diff work, and can it be done by any competant transmission shop? And after we have gotten 10 deposits, whats the time frame like for production andshipment?

Thanks, cant wait to hook!! this thing is gonna be a freakin beast.:eyes:

MFactory
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I'll let bpt323 answer regarding the modification question.

for your 2nd question, timeframe will be similar to the G-Series i.e around 1 month for the prototype (after we have received the required deposits). Testing, testing, more testing, then around another month after testing is finished for the production unit. So probably around 2-3 months :)

FE3-323
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
any transmission shop can install this differential for you. @ the current point, it doesn't look like there will be any issues per anything inside of the case that would pose to need modification.

if there is, we'll certainly see it on the prototype design & have it worked about for the final production unit.

jesiotrot
01-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Just paid 50%.

As for fitting these diffs, if they are anything like the GURU h-type TORSEN's they should be a direct replacement for the factory item. Meaning any competent gearbox shop could install it. Pre-load setting should be set as per the workshop manual.

The only "issue" with the guru diff (and i wouldnt even call it an issue), is the speedo drive can rub slightly on the diff casing. Its only JUST touching, as it hasnt "worn down" the plastic gear at all.

Here is a pic of two, and one has been rubbing more than the other, i think one had a metal speedo drive in it from a 4WS car, thats the one on the left with the darker marks.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd200/jesiotrot/gearbox/S1031009-Copy.jpg

I dont think its going to rub on the MFactory diffs, the diff casing design is different.

FE3-323
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
added 1 more interested member to the list :)

chief tool
01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
only need 4 more payments.......

spoolz
01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
my deposit will be in by the end of the week...

FE3-323
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
now were talking guys!!!! talking about putting power to the ground :)

mx6gtboi
01-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Payment is in:) :booty:

FE3-323
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
List is updated!!! !!!!

mx6gtboi
01-21-2009, 11:24 PM
come on boys and girls lets get the show on the road!!! I need this LSD to pull of some nice 1/4 times this spring lol. Right now traction = FTL

Inspector 24
01-22-2009, 01:30 AM
It WILL happen, I think it's safe to say there's NO question about that, but as MFactory stated, it's going to be 2-3 months.

That's good because it gives us all enough time to save the money, and think about what else we may need to spend money on...How are those motor mounts doing?? AWR makes some fantastic ones if you don't mind the vibration...

How is you clutch, going to need a stronger one for those drag launches? How about the synchro's and bearings in the trans, there's another $300 or so you'll need. ;)

Ryan

Tault
01-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Payment is in:) :booty:

and you're mooning us..... why?? lol

monoxidechild
01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
makes some fantastic ones if you don't mind the vibration...

on my fe3 626gt, im running the AWR mounts. when i 1st installed them, it did vibrate noticeably more. but not like terrible. but after about a month, they kinda broke in, and havent really noticed them since.

d0zxmustang
01-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Just e-filed my taxes, so my refund/payment for the diff will be here in a bout a week and a half!!

WOOT!

MK1gGT-Rob
01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
i am expecting the last payment for a car i sold within a couple days here, so that takes care of my deposit. ol lady needs one more w2 b4 i can file (for the final pay).

FE3-323
01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
awesome guys!!!!

Tault
01-23-2009, 12:34 AM
wtf i still havent got my w2.....

ragnarock01
01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Holy crap, I need to check in more often... I got my W-2 and am gonna run it this weekend, but I should be able to pay after the end of this month regardless. Great to see this is going to happen!

MazdaTurbo.dk
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
I am ready to pay my deposit 1. Feb for both mine.
A very expensive Christmas :)

FE3-323
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
AWESOME!!!! that'll be 3 more pending to be checked off the list

MK1gGT-Rob
01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I have $75 to go and my deposit will be forthcoming.

FE3-323
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Spoolz your marked on the list accordingly!!! a few more to go guys :) scrape where you can

gbilski
01-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Still open to add my name? Just stripped my box from my 90 MX6 to fix not selecting gears properly and found a broken pinion shaft, chewed spider gears and the pinion mounting holes worn out from the pinion shaft flopping around. Nicely machined groove in the case from the pinion shaft coming part way out and touching. Lucky it didn't shatter the case. I'll pay the deposit on Tuesday when I get paid.
Thanks

chief tool
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Then we'll only need one more......

anyone, anyone ?

(Ferris Bueller's economics teacher)

FE3-323
01-31-2009, 06:27 PM
gbilski- i'll add you to the list the group buy is still open unless further noted in the first post. Pm me when you've made your deposit on tuesday & i'll confirm with Mfactory & check you off.

gbilski
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Cool, thanks. I don't fancy my luck in trying to get a stock one here in NZ. Was looking at this, but decided not to as we're at 52 cents to the dollar. Good timing as it turns out.

FE3-323
01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
^ say again? whats the correlation with the $ amount?

gbilski
01-31-2009, 09:42 PM
1 New Zealand dollar buys 52 US cents. Makes it expensive.

gbilski
01-31-2009, 09:57 PM
sorry for double post. Thats why I decided not to go for this until I discovered I don' really have a choice.

MANTISX69
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
put me down for one . down payment will be sent as soon as tax refund comes in.

FE3-323
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
gbilski, are you in or out officially?

MANTISX69- you've been added to the list (what board are you from?)

MANTISX69
01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
mx6.com, own 89 probe gt turbo

FE3-323
02-01-2009, 01:00 AM
;) glad you could make over from mx6.com

gbilski
02-01-2009, 03:26 AM
In or out? you mean the buy? In, I was just saying that I wasn't going to do this before due to the exchange rate, but I need one now, so definitely in.

FE3-323
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
List is updated: Gary, Jesper.
Mfactory confirmed your payments :biggrin:

Tault
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
So how long until the next payment is due?

FE3-323
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
whenever youd like to quite honestly(your free to pay the deposit or in full). beyond that probably right after prototype testing & fitting is complete & production is ready to start.

mx6gtboi
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats boys for making it to 10 and hopefully even more! Cant wait to see the prototype of this baby! So anxious to have this thing installed its not even funny lol.:)

chief tool
02-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Ok, so now we have 10, is this where prototyping kicks off ?

MK1gGT-Rob
02-03-2009, 10:31 AM
can i still get in even tho u already have 10?

MFactory
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Yup, prototyping will start shortly. We've just opened back up after the New Year Holidays, so will take a few days for us to get back into the swing of things :)

MK1gGT-Rob - We are always ready (and willing) to take your money ;) j/k

Yes, this buy is still open to anyone who wants in, and will be up until we start work on the production units :)

monoxidechild
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
i sent my down payment last night. hope you recieved it ok.

d0zxmustang
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM
So what is the deadline for deposits in order to recive the free shipping/paypal fees/ring gear bolts?

Any set date on when the prototype production will begin? Ill send my deposit now if i have to, if I have a few days then Im going to send it friday (which i was going to do anyways).

ragnarock01
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I PM'd MFactory and I'm ready to send my deposit... since there's already been 10 deposits through, do I still get the freebies? ;)

monoxidechild
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
^^^

from his last post, id say your both more then fine. ;)

Yes, this buy is still open to anyone who wants in, and will be up until we start work on the production units :)

ragnarock01
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Well you know, I'm from the internet, reading comprehension isn't my thing :doh:

chief tool
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
pretty sure it'll work the same as the G series bulk buy, everyone who gets in before the prototype is built will get the extras

FE3-323
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
MK1gGT-Rob- did you forget your already on the list??? :P

Glad to see this kick off everyone!!! Thanks for helping me get yet another awesome groupbuy into the works :)

jesiotrot
02-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Can i test the prototype :p

FE3-323
02-04-2009, 01:30 AM
^ nope u already have a guru :(

MK1gGT-Rob
02-04-2009, 09:25 AM
MK1gGT-Rob- did you forget your already on the list??? :PNope, I just wanted to make sure I get the freebies as per dozx. I will have the rest of the money tomorrow, but then I have to flip it to my credit card (so my wife doesn't find out) and then payment is forthcoming.

ragnarock01
02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Nope, I just wanted to make sure I get the freebies as per dozx. I will have the rest of the money tomorrow, but then I have to flip it to my credit card (so my wife doesn't find out) and then payment is forthcoming.

Just tell her something really inspirational, like "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

MFactory, where'd you go? I wanna send my deposit! :sad:

MK1gGT-Rob
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
"America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."that is sig worthy!!!

ragnarock01
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Yay, deposit sent! I can almost taste the lack of torque steer!

FE3-323
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
the list is filling up ;) this is good to see.

d0zxmustang
02-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Deposit Sent! :)

MK1gGT-Rob
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
umm, i have a real stupid question. I don't have a spare axle and the side gears are shrapnel in my taken apart tranny, so can anybody tell me if I have 26 or 28 spline? 89 probe gt w/ mtx.

d0zxmustang
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
umm, i have a real stupid question. I don't have a spare axle and the side gears are shrapnel in my taken apart tranny, so can anybody tell me if I have 26 or 28 spline? 89 probe gt w/ mtx.

Im not 100% positive, but I will say 28 spline.

BTW, why does it matter? H-type diffs all use the same spline count, its not like the G-Type...

ragnarock01
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
From what I've read, the 1st gen turbo probes and MX-6s have 28 spline, just like the 2nd gen probes and MX-6's. So basically what we'll get is a modified 28-spline G-type.

And I have a question as well, who will be testing the prototype?

FE3-323
02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
the H type is 28 spline only to the best of my knowledge.
Im still deciphering whom will be testing the prototype. I have 2 open H box's sitting by me so speaking fitting won't be an issue. one way or another we'll sort out whom tests the prototype before it comes out.

Edit, List is updated current!

MK1gGT-Rob
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Mfactory asked me if I had 26 or 28 spline. Can anybody say for sure its 28 spline? Mebbe I'll have to look up axles at parts stores.

I'm about to peel apart a spare tranny tonight. I have a drag strip about 20 minutes away too. hinthint

chief tool
02-08-2009, 06:03 PM
The H-types were all 28 spline only.

The only variation on the h-type that I am aware of is the different bellhousing and gear ratios for the Vulcan V6 engine. but it still has 28 spline axles.

It makes you wonder why Mazda bothered having different options on the G type, they should have just stuck with 28 spline for everything for simplicity.

but it could have been generational change that caused it.

MK1gGT-Rob
02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
payment sent!!!

FE3-323
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Payment is confirmed!

hotrodmex
02-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello,

From what I'm reading, a deposit doesn't have to be in until right before production starts, but we still haven't entered the prototyping phase? How long is the p-type phase? I won't be in for a deposit until the middle of march, but I want to be in!

Thanks.

FE3-323
02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
prototype stage has begun, we've hit our 10 required deposits in order for them to start the production & they already have the factory H type diff in hand for all of the measuring.

you may miss out on the extra goodies, but its hard to say. all depends on how long prototyping takes (shouldn't be too long as the G diff is almost identical in dimensions) We'll do a test of the prototyped LSD as well just to make sure everything fits & it can handle abuse.

Just stay tuned to this thread & keep up to date with progress

ragnarock01
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Awesome, glad to hear it!

d0zxmustang
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Any updates from MFactory on their prototype progress???

FE3-323
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
MFactory said
they are taking all the measurements now, and putting it into cad.
step one ;)

jesiotrot
02-22-2009, 04:04 AM
Update! How are you goin with the design and prototype MFactory?

ragnarock01
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I read through the latest posts in the G-type group-buy: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38426&page=21

Looks like the g-type is going to be officially tested soon. I'm sure once everything has been cleared and given the green light, the h-types will follow fairly quickly since they're so similar.

FE3-323
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
im excited!!!

MFactory
03-18-2009, 12:24 AM
The H prototype is scheduled to be ready this weekend :)

jesiotrot
03-18-2009, 03:04 AM
excellent!

MK1gGT-Rob
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
how long do you think testing will take?

ragnarock01
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
yay!

monoxidechild
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
sweetness!

did dan sac ever get the G series lsd installed and tested?

FE3-323
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Dan's still putzing around with that G series diff, i believe his set test date is this weekend @ X dragstrip.

FE3-323
03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Txxx-5 i've updated you as "Paid In FULL***"

Where is everyone else who hasn't put a deposit in & whats up???

jesiotrot
03-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Is this diff going to need the same testing as the g-series one?

FE3-323
03-22-2009, 12:30 PM
the differentials are nearly identical. If everyone has a need for it to be tested in a similar manner to the G series I can arrange that. However, @ this time i don't think extended testing will be required. Testing for fitment is a given.

It'll all fall into place, no worries

MFactory
03-22-2009, 12:37 PM
The internals are identical, much like the 26 spline vs 28 spline. If the G28 holds up fine, you guys will be good to go after fitment testing :)

FE3-323
03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
;) Anxious bpt323 is anxious

casejunkie
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Sended a PM to Mfactory for payment

What was the hold up? I resently heard that I'll have a house within a few months and needed to arrance somethings for that finacialy. But I'm good to go now!

MFactory
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Soz guys, still finishing up the prototype at the moment, so won't be till around mid next week now. Will keep everyone updated :)

ragnarock01
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Patiently excited!

csoehn
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
seems like everything is falling into place, when are the final payments due?

hemimx6
04-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Intersted in lsd,waiting in ins check to get here on totaled out 323

FE3-323
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
you have a MX6 2.2Turbo? or equivelent trans?

hemimx6
04-05-2009, 04:05 PM
turbo trans in mx6

FE3-323
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
welcome ;)

MX6T2NV
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Hullo! I stumbled on this thread from way over in MX6.com.
Are you still taking orders even though you got more orders than needed?

If so, I'll take two..

two of the big ones..

oh.. and bpt323.. "I'll need them by tonight!"

*pm me details
And I'm serious, I still require two. :)

FE3-323
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
^ PM me instead.

Lundgren420
04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Ryan, i am suprised you havent called me on this. I am desperatly needing one of these for the FE3N crazy a$$ SOB. I will work things out for a dep and payment on the other leftover from the last BB. HELL YA. LSD's for all :-p

FE3-323
04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
whoa!! Justin are you serious?? i thought i told you about this. if not im deeply sorry. call me any time you happen to have some questions

Lundgren420
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Last time we spoke about this i aske about the timeline and delivery. We new little but anticipated a late summer delivery. Time to borrow some more money for "The Cause". First Gen FTW.

89RedGT
04-16-2009, 03:55 AM
how long do we have to be able to get one of these i just started a new job but am going to need one of these LSD's....

Edit: I have a 1989 Ford Probe GT Turbo 5spd

MFactory
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey guys,

sorry for not being on for a while, just got back from a long business trip.

The H-Series prototype is 100% confirmed ready now, so will have this shipped out to bpt323 next week :)

ragnarock01
04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
AWESOME! :wow: I can't wait to hear updates, and I wanna say thanks to bpt323 in advance for testing this out.

FE3-323
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
My Pleasrue!! :thumb:

89RedGT
04-25-2009, 06:52 PM
what ways can this be paid for? i don't have paypal thats why i ask

FE3-323
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
im sure you can pay another member via mail or something to send the payment to Mfactory.

Paypal is just the easiest way

FE3-323
04-30-2009, 01:45 PM
The proto type H Limited Slip Differential is currently in shipment to me.

I'll take pictures as soon as it arrives!

monoxidechild
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
'YaY'

ragnarock01
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
What, christmas already? :boink:

FE3-323
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Helical LSD anyone?? :asthanos:

chief tool
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
So.....whats the update then ?

FE3-323
05-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Had to re-locate my camera again.

Pics!!!

Bearings come in tomorrow ;) which means i need to also get on top of seperating another ring gear should i seperate the 3.85? or the 4.10 :P

Inspector 24
05-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Mmm...I'm getting excited!

No, that's not a banana in my pocket...I'm really excited :D

chief tool
05-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Those pics are giving me a woody....

ragnarock01
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Ooo, shiny. Hopefully it'll fit in without too much trouble.

FE3-323
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
im going to work on both remaining ring gears today. however due to the massive amount of clearance in the H box i don't forsee any complications in fitment.

ryan

MK1gGT-Rob
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
toss that 3.85 right in the trash. 4.10 or death baby!!!

therieldeal
05-05-2009, 03:33 PM
3.85 is FTW in a light powerful car =o

FE3-323
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Rob, why don't you like the 3.85?

FE3-323
05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Bearings installed

Inspector 24
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
3.85 is FTW in a light powerful car =o

Indeed, longer gears FTW. I started launching my '89 PGT in 2nd and haven't looked back. Narrow powerband, short gears and assloads of torque. Something you can obviously relate to.

FE3-323
05-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Ring gear dissasembly & fitment to the lsd.
Important note-Wear eye protection when knocking the heads off of the rivits, they fly around like little bullets

Im having notable issues wiht the ring gear & secondary shaft not meshing properly- still very very unsure why. Im going to disassemble my 4.10 transmission now & check things internally with that. Perhaps theres some issue with the 3.85 causing it to be difficult.

Stay tuned for fitment & testing on the 4.10

Pictures----

jesiotrot
05-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Awesome pics Ryan!

gbilski
05-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Are you using the right secondary shaft with the ring gear? You won't be able to use the 3.85 on the 4.10 secondary and vice versa.

FE3-323
05-06-2009, 07:07 AM
its 3.85 & 3.85 alright...... by the looks of things the 3.85 is scrap metal. & im not too happy about it either

ragnarock01
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Uh-oh... This might mean I'll be paying for a rebuild/install sooner than I thought, haha.

FE3-323
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay,

I need help from anyone who's ever played around with the H boxes & opened one up.
Here's what im experiencing:

it appears as if the ring gear & according gear on the secondary shaft are working against themselves more then the usual found with helical cut
the ring gear appears to almost be out of perfect round (3.85 & 4.10)& given that tends to move in/out @ the secondary shafts corresponding gear- basically making itself kick around a bit off to the edge.

My best guess with the 3.85(significantly worse then the 4.10) is that the notchy/sticking i was encountering is do to such extremely slow rotations as i was checking everything carefully. when turning slow the momentum isnt there to "kickup/out" the ring gear thus a notchy & sticking feeling. spun @ a higher speed its a clunk clunk notchy feeling.
With the top case on the sticking must be coming from the inability of the differential to shift around @ all & "kickup/out"

With the 4.10 installed its clunky & can be noted to "kickup/out" but not nearly @ such a measurable amount causing a binding feeling- just meerly a clunky/notchy feeling.

NOTE*** i've tested the ring gear-to-secondary shaft in both LSD & OEM diff combinations. Both of which yield similar situations. This gives me the eidea that it is not relative to the LSD fitment/install

I need input from those who've ever cracked open the H box, & anyone who may have run a guru as well.

Please help- the sooner i can figure this out the quicker we can have LSD's in hand- fitment is perfect as far as i can see.

chief tool
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Maybe PM Jesiotrot He has played around with a few H-type boxes before and has one with a guru in it.

FE3-323
05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
i'll try to catch him sometime on MSN, meanwhile any input is helpful

jesiotrot
05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I dont really get what you mean, h boxes are generally not as smooth as a g-series. Have you completely assembled a box and tried turning it from the input shaft? How did the box feel before you pulled it apart? Did they both come from running cars? Its pretty hard to damage the internals of the box, they are quite beefy.

FE3-323
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
i dont' believe the internals are damaged. i don't believe that they are perfectly round & symetrical. or maybe its something else.
"generally not as smooth as a g series" what do you mean by that?

chief tool
05-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I dont know if you have access to a lathe, but it might useful to spin the whole LSD assembly and ring gear on its bearing axis and see if there is any radial run out. Maybe do it to the secondary shaft too.

It could even be that one of the new bearings is not right....which is causing it to bind at one spot during the rotation....

It just seems a little bit strange that the same thing is happening in both gearboxes you used to test, makes me think what the common point is...the LSD and bearings.....

If you bolt the factory open centre back in, is it still a problem ? that would help rule out bearings I guess.

FE3-323
05-09-2009, 11:35 PM
with the open diff it is still a problem yes.
Thats where i throw up my hands in confusion

superscort93
05-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Newb question, you think it may have to do with the sequence of the bolts being tightened on the ring to the LSD? But if it is giving you the same problem on the open diff, then that statement is retractable, how are you affixing the ring back to the open diff?

FE3-323
05-10-2009, 02:13 AM
its a press fit secure enough on the open diff to not need bolts

chief tool
05-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Hmm, the next person I would speak to would Gavin on Mx6.com....maybe send him a PM.

He did that write up on the guru install, all those years ago, see if he noticed anything like that....Maybe both your gearboxes are no good, possible but unlikely....maybe thats how theyre meant to be....possible but also unlikely.

jesiotrot
05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
If they are like that with the open diff too, then they are either meant to be like that, or they are both no good!

I have pulled apart about 10 h-types and never noticed it before, they all spin freely enough, about as much as you would expect considering you are spinning it with no oil.

Are you assembling the box when you test it? Spinning it from the input shaft? Are you changing the shims at all? I shimmed a box once really ****ing tight and it still span freely and drove perfect.

FE3-323
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
im testing it spinning it with the bellhousing side, the original gearset from the box(matched to the shim preload) & the 2 diff's.
I've added the top half of the transmission & also tested things.
I need to get a video of this somehow.

It spins freely, just not smooth by any means.

ragnarock01
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I too suggest messaging Gavin over on MX6.com, since I don't have any personal experience with taking a transmission apart. Does the sticking seem significant enough that adding oil wouldn't improve it?

FE3-323
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
im meeting up with monoxidechild & bringing all of the bits with me, we are going to try & sort things out friday

mx-3_4evr
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey there is an H series at upull. If you need one let me know I will try to pull it for you if you want :)

FE3-323
05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
i can always use another transmission. whats the cost on it these days- PM me/ scrap that call me today.

mx-3_4evr
05-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Will call you when I wake up... going to sleep for a little bit, tomorrow is a big day! :)

jesiotrot
05-19-2009, 07:51 AM
G-type buy is coming along nicely! Whats happening here? What was the verdict with the trannies Ryan?

FE3-323
05-19-2009, 04:12 PM
still haven't come to any resolve on the tranny situation. i never made it down to monoxidechild's last friday (car was down for the count) its still in the plan of things. On a good note the axel stubs did make it to Mfactory & they are assesing the axel play so that'll be resolved ahead of time with the H series.

getting my car to driveable status is of key importance right now. after that i'll be heading to pat's place to see what we can figure out with the differential

FE3-323
05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Next week for sure i'll be checking into the H type issues. Meantime i need all of the help spreading the word i can. Please help me put together the scat forged rods groupbuy

http://www.mx6.com/forums/fe-dohc/227803-scat-forged-rods-who-d-again.html

Spread the word to any FE3 owner you know!!! lets make this happen as well