BAC valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAC valve

Is it possible to bypass the BAC? Need to change it, but until i find a new can i then start the engine up?

Thanks

Originally posted by mazda-dude View Post
    Is it possible to bypass the BAC? Need to change it, but until i find a new can i then start the engine up?

Thanks
    Not sure what your failure is in the BAC/ISC valve. But I was able to get mine working good again after spraying a lot of carb cleaner in the unit. I disconnected the air bypass hose, started the engine an revved it up as I sprayed carb cleaner into the BAC hose. Had to give it some throttle by hand to keep it running. But it worked.

There is also a procedure in the service manual to trouble shoot the BAC/ISC
    Greg Downing
    Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
    Washington State USA
    gpd323@earthlink.net

Comment

Yes, you should be able to start your engine. In fact, one of the test procedures in the book is to disconnect the BAC, crimp one of the hoses and make sure the idle drops (cold engine).

What is wrong with it that you need to disconnect it?

I have used ones for sale $10 US plus shipping. Denmark might be interesting to ship to.

Bob

Comment

Hey

Thanks for your reply's

Thing is that i have a engine which have a very difficult time starting when engine is cold. In fact i am not able to start it at all. Timing is correct, fuel is there etc...

When applying "start gas/starter help" to the inlet, i am able to get it running

and once the engine is warm, i can shut the engine down and start again with no problems.

So I Thought it could be a faulty BAC. I just need to know how to bypass it...

Thanks

Comment

When its cold just clamp the tube going to the intake before the throttle body with some vice grips... That'll allow you to diagnose if thats your problem or not...

Comment

mine is a little hard to start too, but I found that my bottom thermo switch on my radiator has a broken wire prong. I suspect that it is not sending the correct enrichment signal to the computer. Just a thought...

Comment

Thanks for your replies.....will try those things

Comment

Working...
              X