Alpine 9803

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine 9803

I'm highly considering buying this head unit with in the next 2 hours, so a quick response to this would help a ton. It has 2 pre-amp outs, but my friend claims neither of these work for a sub. If i can use one to connect my sub, I'm buying it, if not, I'll just buy new speakers.

Nevermind, I answered my own question by doing a little more research. He was right.

Comment

one of them works for a sub. the head unit has:

Bass EngineĀ®
      - Subwoofer Level Control
      - Bass Center Frequency and Width Control

which means that one of the pre-outs is for a subwoofer. I'm assuming that you're getting it from eBay? good luck with the auction!

Comment

Shop Top Brands for home theater,car stereo,dvd players,audio,video,camcorders,digital cameras,stereo,speakers,telephones,mp3,cd,receiver,review,mini disc,subwoofers,amplifiers TVs and more..

According to that, there's no sub out.

Comment

Originally posted by 18green99
          Nevermind, I answered my own question by doing a little more research. He was right.
          he ain't right. look at Alpine's website and download the user manual.

Comment

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_...s.jsp?cid=2835

According to that, there's no sub out.
            interesting, let me investigate further...

Comment

Alright, this is from the user manual:

Subwoofer Activation
              To activate the subwoofer output.
              1. Press and hold F/SETUP for 3 seconds
              2.Press the track Up/Down to select Sub (Subwoofer)mode.
              3.Press BAND to select Sub ON.
              4. After setting is completed. press F/SETUP to return to normal mode.

Comment

I just read that as well, thanks for your help, I'm gonna buy this.

Comment

hooked on tronics is a good store. are you buying it from them? I bought my 9807 from them (which is currently for sale on ebay - here)

Comment

I'm highly considering buying this head unit with in the next 2 hours, so a quick response to this would help a ton. It has 2 pre-amp outs, but my friend claims neither of these work for a sub. If i can use one to connect my sub, I'm buying it, if not, I'll just buy new speakers.

they will both work for a sub. you just can't run a high pass x-over from the HU. and your amp must have a low pass x-over built in.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      they will both work for a sub. you just can't run a high pass x-over from the HU. and your amp must have a low pass x-over built in.
                      same with the 9807 I had (which had 3 pre-amp outputs). so, it's not like it's a missing feature or something

Comment

Thanks again, will be installing tomorrow.

Comment

Well, apparently you can't amp the rear speakers with the 9803, so i took it back and got the 9805.

Comment

you can't use an amp for the rear speakers when you're using one of the two outputs for a sub amp. is that what you mean?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X