Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow and Cheap...

I started here with this...

A 94 DX with a bashed in drivers side rear quarter. Which preceded to gut, fart can and put a super SWEET ebay filter on. Cuz loud=fast...

but I soon wised up. I hung a new quarter, put an interior back in it, swapped a BP in there and gave in a paint job. I also started autoXing a lot...

I loved that car, but...

Some one didn't stop when they should have

I bought Pastor_Protege's car in Jan 07.

I have since Megasquirted it, blown it up, rebuilt it, swap turbos, blown said turbo out, and swapped on an other turbo...

Here's how I left it about a year ago...

It pissed me off! On the first drive with the new turbo the rear main seal gave out, so I let it sit. I didn't mean to let it sit for that long but I ended buyin a house and that took up all my time...

But now I have my own garage I can actually start workin on my car again!!!

Getting back to it!

I pulled the head off and started porting everything. For some reason my GTR intake mani had a TON of nasty flash all over the place.

The stock port with some bad casting shift too.

Just ruffed in.

To get the shift out I needed to open the ports up a bit past the gasket. I still need to finish the ports off. I'm just giving it a line of sight port and maybe a little polish.

Next I've got the cut all the nasty flash off and maybe try to fit a bigger throttle body.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

garage's are a BG's best friend
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

nice man! I was wondering what you've been up to with that car!
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

u been there what a month? and your garage is that dirty. jk

mines worse. ask antonio. ill clean it then 5 sec later trashed

Originally posted by minnesotapj
        Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
        price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
        Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
        The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
        *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

I'm glad you are going back at it! So what are your plans? I got that Mustang throttle body if you still want it. I'll bring it up next time I'm in St. Cloud

Comment

sweet!
            Nice to know you're still active with the BG

Nick
            Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
            sigpic

Comment

That's clean for my work space... I'm a little ADD so I forget to put things back.

I have made a little progress on the mani and I also go a sweet new work bench! As for plans...Stay together as long as it can. That's about it. I have a Meth kit I'm putting together so that should help, but I just want to see the make tire smoke again and if the motor holds I have to start pinching pennies for a few Toyota bits I think.

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
              I'm glad you are going back at it! So what are your plans? I got that Mustang throttle body if you still want it. I'll bring it up next time I'm in St. Cloud
              Yes! I would still like that throttle too...and an other free (or cheap) cool parts.

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
              sweet!
              Nice to know you're still active with the BG

Nick
              I couldn't give it up even if I wanted too. I'll always be back.

I'll get some pix up of the mani and my new garage set up ASAP!

Comment

Well I don't have much left from the turbo part out, all I have is a Holset HY35, GTX intake manifold, and a set of B6T rods.

Comment

Well WTF with all that and I have next weekend off we could have that thing boostin!

Comment

That thing as in your protege?

Comment

thread jack!!lol!! ryans here at my place sleeping on my floor. so get down here.

price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

thats so weird to see the dp on the other side.
                        so what the vaf also has to go onto the passenger side now ?
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by deathtrigga View Post
                          thats so weird to see the dp on the other side.
                          so what the vaf also has to go onto the passenger side now ?
                          Its megasquirted
                          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                          "Who Dey"

Comment

^^yup sure is...speed density=no vaf=FTW!!!

Originally posted by frogi323 View Post
                            thread jack!!lol!! ryans here at my place sleeping on my floor. so get down here.
                            Sorry guys I'm not gona be able to make it tonight. I got to get up early tomorrow.

Comment

u suck. well ryan is working on it in this cold weather. he is outside no heater getting it ready for the motor tomorrow. and he is leaving tomorrow night. we will call you.

Comment

Working...
                              X