%#@&*!!!ing K-car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%#@&*!!!ing K-car...

The damn thing QUIT on me, in the middle of the freeway this morning, in a snowstorm. No stalling, no warning, nothing. just dead. I had it towed to a local service station right by where I work (tow cost $88 for ONE MILE, and he didn't even buy me dinner first).
    The guy at the service station says it has no spark, so it's probably the coil or the hall-effect pickup or some $20 part like that. It'll wind up costing me $200 though, just watch. F---ing Chrysler. Never again (although I said that last time, too...)
    Oh well. At least I can drive the Pro, even if it's a little scary in the snow.
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

That royally sucks.

When my Protege was in the body shop getting the kit put on, I was driving my dad's beater 1983 Accord to class. I was driving along on the highway and the car started slowing down. I thought in my head that this car was gonna die so I pulled into an apartment complex. As soon as I got off the highway the car stalled. I managed to coast halfway into a parking spot and had to push the rest of the way in. Called a friend to come pick me and take me to class...ended up being late.

I come back to the car after classes are over...the car starts up perfectly again!!! Stupid car.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

that sux man, but **** it is a beater.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Yeah, it's just a beater, and if it's anything major (eg timing belt) it's getting junked. I'm not going to waste time/money on a car with terminal rust, especially an old grandpa sedan like that. I'm just hoping it can be fixed cheaply, so I can sell it and cut my losses. Get a DECENT beater, like another B-series pickup or something.
        Negatize, I know the problem you mean. It was likely just vapor-locked. I had an 84 Accord that would do that once in a while. Car just sputters down and dies. Let it sit, let the carb clear out, and it runs fine again. Frustrating, isn't it?
        ~Mark.
        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Working...
        X