Handbrake tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbrake tension

Hi, my handbrake don´t works and I want tense it. Can I tense inside the car??Or I have to do it under the car???

I´ve read the manual but I don´t understand how I have to do it.

Theres a nut on the handbrake you can tighten up, its attached to the cable. You can try that. If that fails then your calipers will probably need adjusting. My right one keeps failing and i have to keep sorting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by KMpuggy View Post
      Theres a nut on the handbrake you can tighten up, its attached to the cable. You can try that. If that fails then your calipers will probably need adjusting. My right one keeps failing and i have to keep sorting it out.
      Ok, so I have to do it inside the car, isn´t it???

Comment

Yeah, try tightening this little nut circled. Pay no attention to the other nuts there, i just put them in as spacers. If that fails, check your cables, make sure they have not snapped or anything, and that means getting under the car. And if your cables are ok then it will be down to your calipers.

Last edited by KMpuggy; 01-11-2010, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you!!!

Tonight I will say the result...Thanks!!

Comment

Exactly what he said. I had mine as tight as it would go... the cable was too worn out and needed to be replace.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Thats why i added a couple of spacers to try and give it some extra give. Think my cable has been stretched to much, can whack the handbrake up and it does nothing, the car just keeps going forward, so handbrake turns are a no no. :D It just about holds my car on a hill, ive tried all sorts of tinkering with it and the calipers, but not been able to make it any better. I think ivesting in a new pair of cables might help.

Comment

Working...
              X