upper strut mounts or camber plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper strut mounts or camber plates?

im looking into buying the best upper strut mounts that are avialable or wondering if i should just invest in some cusco camber plates? they have the PPC ones as well are their any others that adjustable?

is there any adjustable plates for the rear out there that can be used on stock springs?

also wondering about the material for the upper strut mounts
    are the kyb replacements just equal or are they better?
    anybody know how much better if they are? stiffer rubber? %'s???

what about the mazdaspeed ones??
    and somebody tell me how i would even go about ordering any parts from the mazdaspeed website? its all in japanesee? WTF ?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Cusco, Ground Control, Carrera and PPC all make camber plates for our cars. I also found out the the 2nd gen RX7 plates will fot too. The bolt pattern is slightly larger, but the bolt diameters are slightly smaller, so they still bolt up.
    BTW, all camber plates are (should be) adjustable...no point otherwise

Why do you feel the need for camber plates? Going racing?

I know the Mazdaspeed Comp upper mounts are about 40% stiffer than stock and i've seen the KYB's listed as OE replacememtns, so i'd doubt they'd be much, if any stiffer.

You order parts via Mazdaspeed Motorsports, but ya have to be a racer to be a member. If you find something you want, let me know.

Mind you, it's one or the other, if you get plates, you won't need the upper mounts.

Comment

I feel the need for camber plates so as to have some of the best top of the line parts to go racing when time is alotted... id rather get the camber plates now then get them later after replacing the strut mounts with other ones. theres just no sense in that.

do you know if ground control makes rear plates for our car that can be used on the stock springs.. i know the ones from PPC are for coil overs only.
      the cusco ones say that they are comptaible with the stock springs...

the website that was in all japaneese was (www.mazda.co.jp/mazdaspeed)
      which was listed in the starters guide to sell the mazdaspeed adjustable struts and upper mounts.

im gonna do some surfing around the mazda motorsports site and see if i can find anything i need
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Never had any use for rear plates, so i really don't know. I'd think you' be fine with out them in the rear, even for road racing. I have -1.5 camber without crash bolts or plates...to me thats plenty. Crash bolts would add more, so i really don't see it worth it to spend the money on rear plates.

Comment

Working...
        X