Timing gear cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing gear cover.

All the spots were the bolts run through on mine are cracked ... What would be a problem with running without it for a few weeks till i get a new one?

Its a B6 SOHC daily drive road junky. Not much chance for rocks or gravel flying up there...
    ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Ive been running mine for about 3 years without one with no problems. Ive seen a lot of cars without them so i shouldnt think it would be a problem.

Comment

That was fast thanks man, i will have it off in about 10 minutes then. Looks oily underneath it to so i will be able to check my cam seals.
      Thanks for your advice.
      ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

More than likely cam seals or rocker gasket. Got the same with mine, oil leaking down the side from up the top somewhere, so can only really be one or the other or both.

Comment

The PO said it leaked oil for the VC gasket so i hope thats what it is... I plan on doing a bp swap in the near future so i dont think im going to worry about it...

Do you know if this is an interference motor or not? Just incase i jump time from the oil on my Tbelt?

Comment

non-interference
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
            X