F2T/FE3 in 89 323?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2T/FE3 in 89 323?

I've been searching for info on this motor swap and can find anything on the subject. Has anyone ever swapped a F2T or FE3 motor into a BF chassis?? I own an 89 323 and was looking into the BPT swap but have a good F2T motor available to me for next to nothing.

Well you are local so I can help out if you need any. As far as those swaps go, I would think it would be difficult due to the splindle spline count and how wide they are compared to the FE3/F2T original chassis.

Comment

I don't think anyone on here has done it. I know they have on fordlaser.com or amazd.co.nz
      12 cbr250r: daily ride
      01 saab 9-3: daily
      98 gsxr 1100: for sale
      93L: money pit/ space waster
      92GL: low and slow beater
      90?: the rust free shell
      89LX: swapping to rust free shell
      89L: for sale
      89L: parts
      87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
      76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

As far as the BPT swap, I kno the 1.8 comes with an awd trans more often than not. can you just swap the motor and keep the fwd. how much fabrication is needed to the rear end to support the diff.

Comment

I'm sure you can do it, its just going to take some working to get it done. I think if you get an old enough 626 transmission that had the non-turbo engine you may be able to use 323GT axles (or Capri XR2).
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

The F series engines came stock in BF 323s in South Africa, it can be done. Use the engine/tranny from the F car, grab the mounts and axles too, and play musical motor mounts until you have it aligned in the engine bay. Use the main axle from the F car with the stub/end piece from the BF 323. What ECU are you using?

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

CrazyDrummer has the idea... You'll need the motor and trans for the F series and also ecu and wiring harness... Play the hybrid axle game and you can make it work with some custom mounts... F2T motors can be monster torque motors when tuned and tweeked...

Comment

look @ south africa............... all of your answers can be found there.

in specific---- a member named nitrogen
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

its been done, need a custom front gearbox mount and a cam side engine mount. Its not a hard conversion, me being from South Africa my uncle drives an original one. The drive shafts will need to be custom tho. I was going to do this until i found the KL-ZE Ford Laser
                  FE3 POWA
                  1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

I was going to use an f2T from an 89 626GT and I was assuming I'd use the harness ecu and 5spd trans.
                    I remember my 90 MX-6Gt only had a rfl B.O.V. manual boost controller(13psi) and a custom made/home made 3.5 in. turbo back exhaust and pulled extremely hard, I was figuring the 323 would be a few pounds lighter so traction is going to be a big issue but I'm not looking for crazy big numbers just a nice unique daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
                      The F series engines came stock in BF 323s in South Africa, it can be done. Use the engine/tranny from the F car, grab the mounts and axles too, and play musical motor mounts until you have it aligned in the engine bay. Use the main axle from the F car with the stub/end piece from the BF 323. What ECU are you using?
                      Did any bf 323s in africa come turbo, if not would the power difference matter in the strength of the trans. and axles. Do you know if the harnesses are similar?

Comment

they never came turbo, but a FE3 is very very strong so are the shafts compared to a stock 323.
                        FE3 POWA

Comment

I'm familiar with the FE3 motors, did they come in the african 323's at all or just the Fe motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Thaught View Post
                            I'm familiar with the FE3 motors, did they come in the african 323's at all or just the Fe motor?
                            FE3 came in the South African Mazda 323 2.0i EGI model they only made them for a few years, The Mazda 323 also came out with a 2.0L FE(Not FE3) but in a carby and EGI. They also used a Mazda 323 gearbox that was made for the car and the FE3/FE motors. The FE3/FE 323s also used a different crossmember but if you know how to make mounts u can just use your old 323 stuff
                            FE3 POWA

Comment

probably just a G series box like the F2 2.2 n/a's use. the fe3 fwd's also used a g series box.
                              anyone know what kind of trans was used on the older sohc FE 8v motor's used in the 83-87 626's?
                              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                              What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                              X