The New System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New System

Let me start off by thanking Blue Ledz for all his help, I appreciate it. All the wires need to be cleaned up, we got tired once it was up and running. Hell it was 2 in the morning. I am amazed at how hard it is hitting. The next couple of projects are to hook up the Profile amp to the components, and make a grounding kit. I couldn't be happier with the Alpine unit and its looks. I need to take some time now to program the sound. Every light on the car dims when it hits hard, even the taillights. I am just going to assume that you have a grounding kit Blue, so how is it. Is it keeping the dimming in check?

very nice , if you buy a capacitor your lights should stop dimming you should only need a 1 farad one.

Comment

u got any better pics? How much RMS per sub?
      My OLD Car

Comment

I'll take some better pictures when I get it cleaned up. Each amp is probably about 600w rms, 800w peak.

Comment

Looks very nice! Don't know about the capacitors though. Blue posted a thread recently, which basically described them as useless. I have a capacitor and I think it did help with the lights dimming, but I doubt it's good for anything else besides that.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Yeah I remember briefly looking at the cap thread. He'll probably speak up in a moment about it. I will probably do a grounding kit first and then go from there.

Whatever the solution, it is going to need to be something heavy duty. The headlights aren't too bad it is mainly the taillights that dim a good bit. Or it just seems that way because it is more noticeable.
            Last edited by McCorkle; 01-24-2004, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
              Whatever the solution, it is going to need to be something heavy duty. The headlights aren't too bad it is mainly the taillights that dim a good bit. Or it just seems that way because it is more noticeable.
              What about the CD player and any other interior lighting?
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

The CD player stays at a constant amount of light, but yeah all the guages dim real bad too. I was mainly just referring to the exterior of the car, but the interior is just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                  very nice , if you buy a capacitor your lights should stop dimming you should only need a 1 farad one.

no cap, they are the devil proper wiring/grounding and a good battery will suffice. adding a cap will add an additional load to the already taxed out electrical system. if proper wiring and a good battery don't take care of the problem, then an upgraded alternator is needed before getting a cap. after you have an alternator that can keep up with the current demands of the system, adding a cap will help for the split second it takes for the voltage regulator inside the alternator to react.

proto2k, how's the box fit? it's looking good, and cleaning up the wires will make it even better

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                    proto2k, how's the box fit? it's looking good, and cleaning up the wires will make it even better
                    Let's just say I am now glad I didn't get the gz box. The box takes up the entire trunk, and I mean entire. If I would have gotten the gz box I would have had to mount the amps on top of the box and that would look sloppy since I want to hide the wiring.

A new battery is high up on my list of to-do's. It is still the stock one right now (car only has 35k) but I don't see it lasting too much longer.

Comment

funny thing about my dimming: the HU is hte only thing that dims and its cuz the speakers are running off its power but my lights and everything else doesnt dim... even when we had 1800 watts goin through my car lol.. of course now its only 500 maybe the grounding kit did help with it not dimming as much but who knows yo!

Comment

BTW it looks nice Greg...except for the blue

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                          BTW it looks nice Greg...except for the blue
                          I rather like the blue, and I plan on incorporating some neons in the trunk. I've got lots of places that they can be hid in now. When I open the trunk now I want people to be overwhelmed by the amount of blue in it.

Comment

tahts why you should do a fiberglass install and do it silver with some flake in it and then line the rear deck in neon/LEDs and it will glow like no other lol

Comment

yeah my system makes my headlights dim im thinking about getting the optimium battery ..does any one have one of those and does it make a difference
                              1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

Working...
                              X