b6t question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b6t question.

i have the b6t in the fesitva now, im havign any issued when the car warms up or about 15 minutes after starting the car has a hiccup between 3,00- and 3,500 rpm. when its cold the car screams!! but once it warms up it doesnt want to get in that rpm band like something is pulling timing? the boost cut is off, i set my fuel pressure to 45psi. i put a fpr gauge in just to see if the fuel pressure was dropping but it looks steady. could it be the dizzy?

thanks

any ideas?

Comment

Like a brick wall hicup or just a stutter?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

lol i had the same problem in my little gt and i just did a complete fluid flush on everything and new plugs and wires and checked all my grounds.

but the ground that was looses was the little black box thing that connects to the 5th plug wire off the dizzy (idk wtf that thing is)
        just check EVERYTHING
        and good luck i hated it

Comment

Has the car died on you while driving? I don't have a b6t in my ride Ive got the puny b6 but it sounds like a problem i had and it turned out that my timing belt was off by 3 teeth. I had to fully retard the dizy just to get a steady idle before. Now is running like a champ. I started a thread on this problem it's entitled Problems with my b6: need help. Check it out maybe the description is the same as your problem. I hit a speed bump a little to hard one day and i think that's what threw it off. You hit any hard bumps lately?

Comment

Working...
          X