After using my B&M SS for 4 months...questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After using my B&M SS for 4 months...questions

I've had my B&M SS in for about 4 months or so now. Couple of Questions.
    1. 1st to 2nd seems very difficult. Sometimes it feels like it "snaps" out of 1st...I didnt have that w/ the stock shifter at all.
    2. Engaging gears is very difficult when I first start the car in the morning. But this is normal, i think.
    3. Why's it so difficult to engage 1st gear? I've looked long and hard about that one. I've heard people say that the car has to be at a complete stop. I've tried this too. btw, this doesnt always happen, it is intermittent. I can't find what it depends on tho.

Also, i'm thinking about getting the Kartboy bushings. Any thoughts on this ?
    2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
    2 MTX 6000's 10"
    MTX 4250D Amp
    Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
    B & M Short Shifter
    Kartboy Bushings
    Full Synthetic

You'll be very happy with the Kartboy bushings, but otherwise try some synthetic tranny fluid to smooth things out. For only $30 or so, it's a worthwhile investment. Shifting becomes much smoother and engagements are easier.

Comment

I have the same thing with my B&M SS, I got the bushings and it made a world of a difference but engaging the gears, especially 1st/2nd seems too dificult still, I am having a 15k tune up soon and will put synthetic fluid in and see how much a difference it is

Comment

what kind of synthetic tranny fluid is available, when i did my clutch, i had to put valvoline in it, but i saw no synthetic.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Redline MT-90 seems to be the most popular with our cars. I've been satisfied with it.

Comment

The 1st gear thing when it's cold seems normal. Sometimes I have to wait for a few minutes before i can go anywhere. Kinda sucks when I'm running late for school, but eh.

Comment

My stock shifter did the first gear thing. The B&M makes it hard to engage first gear occasionally after the car's been running and the temp is back up to normal.
              2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
              2 MTX 6000's 10"
              MTX 4250D Amp
              Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
              B & M Short Shifter
              Kartboy Bushings
              Full Synthetic

Comment

is the shifter alligned correctly?

this is a common problem with Audi SS and many folks do not have them alligned correctly. Just a thought.
                ANTI RICE!
                2001 AUDI A4 APR Stage III
                2003 MAZDA PROTEGE 5

Comment

Working...
                X