Car Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Battery

What is everyone's suggestion for a new car battery. I want to replace mine now that I got the new system running. I was looking at the Optima Red Top but wasn't sure which one I needed. There were a few variations of the red.

Is your current battery dead??
    If it isn't no need for another battery yet.
    You might do a search on the topic, it has been roasted more than once on line here.
    It is probably not nessicary to do another battery for purely audio purposes-
    But let us all know what you decide!!
    David A. Cameron
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
    2004 Cooperworks Mini
    2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
    Sine Pari

Comment

The current battery isn't dead but with the new system I just installed (2 800w amps running off the stock batter) I don't see it lasting for much longer. Plus I figure if I get a better battery it will help with some of the dimming problems. Yeah I'll start looking through some of the older audio threads and see what I find, I can never remember what is on here and what was left on Protegeclub.com.

Comment

it didn't take me long to kill my stock battery, but that was with my old unregulated autotek amp. upgrading your battery is something you are going to have to do, but if you don't need to yet, don't worry about it. just set the money aside for a new battery do you have any certain color scheme under your hood? if you've got blue lights you could get a blue top marine battery. it's the same as a yellow top, except it has the regular posts, and threaded bolts, too. the blue top has deep cycle (yellow top), as well as starting (red top) batteries.

Comment

Welll I do have a very specific color scheme under the hood. Everything is either polished or painted black.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
            Welll I do have a very specific color scheme under the hood. Everything is either polished or painted black.

paint the battery

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              paint the battery
              Yeah I will probably end up doing that.

Comment

get a stinger power db2 battery. you can find them on sounddomain.com
                '02 classic red p5
                currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01

that's a HUGE bitch

Comment

huge and powerful
                    '02 classic red p5
                    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01

Does your lights dim now?
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

Stick to larger standard batteries, and avoid the deep cycle stuff. I have a few, and they require a bit of maintenance to keep them happy and working. A higher rated battery do you alot better in the long run.
                        I like exide, and optma, both can cost you though. Interstate make good batteries for the money, they used to be the standard for car audio systems before the advent of spiral cells.
                        David A. Cameron
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
                        stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
                        2004 Cooperworks Mini
                        2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
                        Sine Pari

Comment

Working...
                        X