how can i get hp out of bpt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can i get hp out of bpt?

im lookin at buy a bpt and want to know how i could reach around 300hp off of the jdm specs of 197hp? what am i goin to need to add to reach those numbers before i add NOS. because i want to put her on the bottle but i want good numbers before NOS.

help me out oh great pro gods.

donnie

The BPT is rated at 185hp, not 197. Your goal is a bit high but you can certainly do it. The first thing you should do is to get a bigger turbo with a custom manifold and go from there.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Add a NA BP head for better flow to your list. Or a really worked BPT head. Definately larger turbo, yes. You'll want a better fuel pump and injectors as well, some from a FC RX-7 work, i don't remember which ones, they're like 420cc or something.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

I would get 550cc injectors,Upgrade the fuel pump,Vishnu fuel rail, GTR turbo and manifold, Na bp head with P&P, Haltech e6k and a good size intercooler you should see well over 300 whp matter even 720cc injectors.

Comment

Step one...get rid of the plastic piping and get some hardpipe and a FMIC...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

And throw this in the forced induction section theres only one guy with a bpt in a 2nd gen

Comment

2 people
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                2 people

who else has a running bpt in a 2nd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                  who else has a running bpt in a 2nd gen?
                  That guy in Texas doing the GTR swap, the one that edwin jizzed all over when he heard about it.
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                    That guy in Texas doing the GTR swap, the one that edwin jizzed all over when he heard about it.
                    haha, Yeah well its nice to see someone serious about power in a 2nd gen. But its still not running. Only one is running so far.

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                      haha, Yeah well its nice to see someone serious about power in a 2nd gen. But its still not running. Only one is running so far.

But that doesnt mean they are the only seond gens with TURBO!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

engine management is definately important

Comment

bigger turbo, more fuel, engine management, fmic, up the boost, and 1g head, put some more agressive cams and Id bet youd be at orwell over 300whp. But youll need to get some slicks and maybe think about your tranny if your producing a lot of torque, just to be on the safe side. Good luck
                          Eat ****.

Comment

All I ask is one question, do you have a moonroof on your protege? If you do, kiss having a straight chasis goodbye....... I had this happen on my 91 after I installed my GTR.
                            Last edited by BoostedPro; 01-26-2004, 06:02 PM.
                            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                            MODS:
                            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                            TO DO LIST:
                            EDM/JDM rear bumper
                            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                            Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
                              All I ask is one question, do you have a moonroof on your protege? If you do, kiss having a straight chasis goodbye....... I had this happen on my 91 after I installed my GTR.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X