Door Trim Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Trim Painting

I am in the process of getting my 1999 Mazda Protege painted to the 2004 Winning Blue Mica (27B) color. The question I have is whether or not I should paint around the outside door trim that is currently black. How would this look if I did this? Give me some suggestions please.

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

iuts really personal preference, but I would paint over it, or just take it off completely, but then again, it serves it's purpose

Comment

I would suggest painting it since you are getting a new paint job. IMO it looks cleaner without the molding but it really just comes down to your personal preference. I think it gives the car more room to shine.

Here is how my car looked before and after the molding.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
        I would suggest painting it since you are getting a new paint job. IMO it looks cleaner without the molding but it really just comes down to your personal preference. I think it gives the car more room to shine.

Here is how my car looked before and after the molding.

Sorry for things to be a little confusing but I am referring to the trim that surrounds the windows on the doors. Where it is currently black at?

Thanks

Comment

I would leave it black.just so it breaks it up a little bit so you arent looking at a giant chunk of blue. personnally anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaprotege99
            Sorry for things to be a little confusing but I am referring to the trim that surrounds the windows on the doors. Where it is currently black at?

Thanks
            Oh ok. In that case I would leave it black. Like asylum said it breaks the blue up a bit. And when and if you get the windows tinted it will all flow together nicely.

Comment

or if you wanna be different... paint it something other than black.

but otherwise.. i agree with above.. it'd be too much of one colour to have EVERYTHING blue.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Color it like an MSP is from the factory.

ESpec P5:

Comment

I like the tails Proto2k

Comment

Hey that looks pretty cool on your car with it all painted. I think I am going to go with painting it the same color as the car. What paint code is that on your Protege 5? 27B or 24A?
                    Last edited by mazdaprotege99; 01-26-2004, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Where can I see more pics of Espec P5?
                      Arvin
                      2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

Working...
                      X