Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swapped the battery, now the stereo wont turn on... wtf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapped the battery, now the stereo wont turn on... wtf.

just as it says. swapped the battery on my buddy's eclipse, fired up the car, drove down the road, and noticed the stereo wasnt on. its one of those aftermarket deals with the flip out retractable screen, and its not actuating, not turning over, no power, nothing. its not a fuse, and theres nothing special to the battery, so im wondering if you guys might have any idea whats up.

thanks,
    Josh
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Headunit fuse.
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

if theres none externaly on the head unit there will be one inside it, happend to me before.
      Mazda Familia GT-R: 241HP ATW and 387NM @17psi

i give my wife a quarter inch at a time for thoes ten seconds or less im free

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Comment

i think the problem might be that it's a DSM product.

There should be a fuse on the back of the head unit, check there. it may have popped when the terminals were connected to the new battery.
        -Dennis
        95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
          its not a fuse,
          already checked the fuse block, and the fuse behind the head unit. both are fine. Yeah the problem probably stems from the fact that its a DSM product. lol. i just really want this fixed before tomorrow night... im driving down to Portland, Oregon to pick up my new BP on wednesday morning... and i really dont want to make the 270 mile journey without music. that would just be no good. id go crazy, like such---> if i have to, ill rip the headunit out of the 323 and toss in there to get me through the journey, but if i can avoid that, id be a happy camper.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

Its operator error. The "source" button also doubles as the power button nub
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

LOL!

just take a battery operated boombox.
              -Dennis
              95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

naw, you cant get to any of the buttons, the screen flips over when theres no power to it. so thats not it.
                it i have to be that ghetto, i just might. lol

sigpic

Comment

use a 12v test lead to determine if you are getting both Constant and switched 12v to head unit? Tap in to ground that the head unit is using as well while testing to verify that.

If they both have power then something inside the head.
                  'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                  -Dean
                  2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                  18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                  Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                  MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                  Injen CAI - Polished
                  Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                  DaveB trim rings
                  Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                  Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                  Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                  Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                  Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                  Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                  Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                  Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Working...
                  X